Board logo

Lost BEC cherry - thanks Ed
balidey - 17/9/10 at 07:03 AM

Now I am not going to start a BEC vs CEC debate. Up until last night I was pretty sure I was going to use K-series in my kit (If I ever get it started). But I went to meet a fellow locostbuilder last night.

His stunning MK Indy was parked outside, looked 'mint' (yes its green ) with a ZX12 engine and full cage.

The conversation went something like this...

Ed: Hello
Me: Hello
Ed: You ever been in a BEC?
Me: No
Ed: You got 10 mins?

So for the next 10 minutes Ed tried to snap my neck using his very well sorted car.
I have been in quite a few rapid cars, been a passenger on track days and on the road in some very quick machines. But this thing blew them away.
We travelled around at speeds of upto 70mph and going round corners and roundabouts the car never went out of shape once. Ed, you have really set up your car incredibly well. And thanks for the spending the time to take me out for a ride. Even though you scared the crap out of me, it put a smile on my face and has even made me seriously think BEC. And even though a full cage may have its faults, looking at it and getting in and out I think I would thoroughly recomend one, without hesitation. Thanks once again.

Steve

Paul TigerB6 - 17/9/10 at 07:09 AM

BEC BEC BEC BEC BEC

You know it makes sense!!

balidey - 17/9/10 at 07:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
BEC BEC BEC BEC BEC

You know it makes sense!!

I do now

jossey - 17/9/10 at 07:50 AM

they say there is no replacement for displacement.

BUT that said.

i have a v8 engine which i was fitting in my old kit car and that sounded rubbish compared to my zzr1100 engine.

thats why i went BEC

cos im worth it :O)

dave j

Breaker - 17/9/10 at 08:42 AM

I'm buidling an MK R with similar setup. Can't wait to drive it !

amalyos - 17/9/10 at 09:16 AM

Once you've had BEC you never go back........

scootz - 17/9/10 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by amalyos

I have!

Hellfire - 17/9/10 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:

I have!

You'll be back.... (with your buying/selling record, it's inevitable....)

Phil

scootz - 17/9/10 at 11:36 AM

... you all know me so well!

coyoteboy - 17/9/10 at 12:14 PM

scootz - why the swap back?

boggle - 17/9/10 at 12:15 PM

BEC!!!!!

scootz - 17/9/10 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
scootz - why the swap back?

I only had the MK R1 for a short period of time... ace when I was on banzai-time-attack-mode, but I also found it really tiring when I just wanted to go for a gentle-cruise.

The missus hated it...

coyoteboy - 17/9/10 at 02:56 PM

Can't imagine running a kit in anything other than banzai mode? They're hardly a daily driver/cruise car, are they?

MikeRJ - 17/9/10 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Can't imagine running a kit in anything other than banzai mode? They're hardly a daily driver/cruise car, are they?

If you are on a trip somewhere a fair distance away (e.g. Le Mans, or even kit car shows) then you won't be in full attack mode for most of the time.

scootz - 17/9/10 at 05:15 PM

quote:

Quite nice to go for a sunny afternoon drive with the missus in the kit...

bi22le - 17/9/10 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:

I have!

Yep me to. Although I do swing both ways!!

eddie99 - 17/9/10 at 06:30 PM

I also lost my BEC cherry today, i had been in Indybirds dax, but i didn't count that as a standard BEC, but today drove my global with the r1 in it. Although it was great and seriously quick. I am still a CEC guy!

jase380 - 17/9/10 at 07:06 PM

my missus hated my indy when it had the pinto in she hates it equaly as much since i put the zx10 in...in her mind you still get covered in flies and horse shite no matter what engine you have, you may as well go bec !!

eddbaz - 19/9/10 at 11:07 AM

Glad you enjoyed the gentle drive, I love taking people out for their first bec experience, I remember mine madgaz took me out in his gulf indyR gsxr1000,I knew from that moment it was bec all the way for me.

macspeedy - 19/9/10 at 11:33 AM

Hey Steve save yourself a lot of bother and buy mine

zx12 also

Mac

adithorp - 19/9/10 at 01:24 PM

You are aware that you are now obliged to convert 10 other people to BEC once you're on the road. Failure to do so will bring terrible bad luck.

10 min's is an awfull long time to take. I was convinced after about 10 seconds!

adrian

Dangle_kt - 19/9/10 at 04:55 PM

The only thing with BECs is the need for ear plugs. Screaming / laughing passengers can get a little tiring.

eddbaz - 19/9/10 at 06:23 PM

The other annoying thing is having to clean up excrement and wee off the passenger seat

[Edited on 20/9/10 by eddbaz]