Board logo

were can i get a wheelchair ?
steve m - 6/10/10 at 08:42 PM

Strange request i know!

I have promised my Grandson , i will take him to a Palace game,

Yes i do support Palace !!
please dont laugh, cos it aint funny

anyway Dad is also a supporter, and can not walk more that 10 feet at a time, so "ping" i thought, were can i get a wheelchair, fo my old man to come and watch palace lose, i mean win !!

rusty nuts - 6/10/10 at 08:45 PM

Red Cross may loan you one or if you need one more often then check with his GP

owelly - 6/10/10 at 08:53 PM

There's often one outside Whitby Swimming pool every Monday at 4pm. I'll grab it for you.....

theconrodkid - 6/10/10 at 08:57 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Mambo-Micro-Electric-Wheelchair-Mobility-Powerchair-/150499227674?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Mobility_Disability_Medical_ET&has h=item230a73f81a

snow mobile engine and job done

steve m - 6/10/10 at 09:00 PM

hahaha

I am not putting a pot pot motor in my car

motorcycle_mayhem - 6/10/10 at 09:36 PM

Contact your local hospital, they do loan jobs. They're nothing special, but do the job of transporting. Your GP will also be able to help. If you're after a one-off, then a hospice may well be able to loan you one too.

I've had to do get one from all of these sources on various occasions as cancer has taken its toll on my family.

swanny - 6/10/10 at 09:37 PM

our local asda were selling the foldable ones really cheaply. actually i think we have one if you want it but we're in nottingham

Mark Allanson - 6/10/10 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
There's often one outside Whitby Swimming pool every Monday at 4pm. I'll grab it for you.....

Whitby Swimming Pool - or as it is more commonly known - The North Sea

RazMan - 6/10/10 at 09:49 PM

Another vote for Red Cross - they will probably lend you a modern (often brand new) one for a small donation.

scottfraser - 6/10/10 at 09:56 PM

here you go

www.wheelfreedom.com

Hope it helps!

Andi - 6/10/10 at 10:21 PM

Our local council do a mobility hire thingy, so try yours
Also try the football ground itself if you can get him anywhere near the stadium.

Andi

adrianreeve - 7/10/10 at 06:39 AM

Argos sell them now.

Cheers

Adrian

Paul TigerB6 - 7/10/10 at 06:44 AM

Halfords do them

Get the geezer a Ripspeed one that comes wiv sum well cool bling rims - they's the bizz - innit!!

rallyingden - 7/10/10 at 07:35 AM

Your just looking at getting a good place to watch the game from. Pitch side wheelchair access............

steve m - 7/10/10 at 08:46 AM

"Your just looking at getting a good place to watch the game from. Pitch side wheelchair access............"

Yep !!

seriously, Dad cannot walk, but it may be more hassle than its worth

Thanks for the replies though

Steve

indykid - 7/10/10 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rallyingden
Your just looking at getting a good place to watch the game from. Pitch side wheelchair access............

looking at all these options, i can't say i didn't consider it for next time we go to alton towers.....

BenB - 7/10/10 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Red Cross may loan you one or if you need one more often then check with his GP

Yup, Red Cross loan them, otherwise you can get one by filling out various forms available from your GP but the local services aren't exactly speedy so I'd go for the RC option (that's red cross not radio-control).

steve m - 7/10/10 at 05:18 PM

And not one of you took the wee for us being Palace fans !!!

Coooooooooooooooooooooollllllll

40inches - 7/10/10 at 07:18 PM

Halfords sell them Got a trade card?