Board logo

Gearbox delivery
matty h - 3/12/10 at 02:39 PM

I am looking at a gearbox which is for sale, seller says they with put on a pallet but I need to know how much it would cost and who to use to collect it for me.The gearbox should weigh around 40kg plus the pallet.
Matty

mrwibble - 3/12/10 at 02:42 PM

shiply.com ?

big-vee-twin - 3/12/10 at 02:52 PM

Try Parcelmonkey.com

coozer - 3/12/10 at 03:04 PM

Where is it? We may be able to relay it?

D Beddows - 3/12/10 at 03:07 PM

I'd question why it needs a pallet - I've just sent someone a Type 9 (35kg) via DHL Economy and I just wrapped it in some bubble wrap and covered that in pallet wrap shrink film (much cheapness from Staples for a big roll). Courier cost about £13 inc vat and the guy who picked it up didn't raise an eyebrow about how it was packaged. Arrived fine apparently.

need4speed - 3/12/10 at 03:56 PM

I shipped a couple of Rover LT77's without bellhousings wrapped in cardboard they also arrived OK.
I suppose the pallet saves any hassle in wrapping for the seller.

Dave

T66 - 3/12/10 at 04:35 PM

http://www.palletline.co.uk/

They moved a Fiat 2.0 TC engine from Worcester to the dark North for £65 ish...

Lars - 3/12/10 at 06:43 PM

I would never accept a gearbox that is not palleted.

Learnt the hardway, couriers like to drop things.

big_wasa - 3/12/10 at 07:24 PM

Be aware if it leaks one drop of oil they will refuse to deliver it. I sold a diff, the courier lost it twice and miss handled it. When they did find it there where traces of oil on the packaging.

They gave me the choice of collecting it (175 miles) or letting them bin it

matty h - 3/12/10 at 07:30 PM

Gearbox is in solihull.It is a rover pg1 gearbox.

hillbillyracer - 3/12/10 at 08:29 PM

I've used these folk to send/pick up a few parcels, not tried them for a pallet yet:
http://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk/parcel-delivery/uk-parcel-delivery/send-parcel/pallet-delivery-uk/

They're just agents, you get to pick which courier you actually use & it's worked out 30-50% cheaper than going through the same courier directly.