Board logo

How to Build Motorcycle-engined Racing Cars ?
red22 - 1/1/11 at 03:34 PM

Looking to spend some newly acquired Waterstones vouchers and was thinking of getting How to Build Motorcycle-engined Racing Cars. Is this any good? Is it in depth and practical or more pretty pictures and ideas? Any views greatly received. Thanks.

Alan B - 1/1/11 at 03:52 PM

It's more the latter to be honest....just a good source of pics and ideas...still worth having though IMO.

Alan

StevieB - 1/1/11 at 03:53 PM

It's good to have, but is very much in the pretty pictures and good ideas bracket.

I'd recommend one of the Allan Staniforth books are a better buy if you don't already have them.

red22 - 1/1/11 at 03:55 PM

Thats a shame I was hoping more practical. Might still be tempted. Got all the other usual suspects so was looking for something similar.

StevieB - 1/1/11 at 04:04 PM

If you've got all the usual shelf full of books, then it would probably be worth having.

carpmart - 1/1/11 at 04:12 PM

TBH, I was a little disappointed by this book! Detailed in areas I didn't want and missing detail in areas I thought would have been obvious to cover in more depth!

red22 - 1/1/11 at 04:29 PM

Oh well I'll give it a go. Only another 7000 titles to search.

red22 - 1/1/11 at 06:28 PM

Couldn't resist how to build a cheap sports car and build your own electric motorcycle