blakep82 - 13/1/11 at 11:43 AM

oh yes!

eddie99 - 13/1/11 at 11:44 AM

Very nice, whats our guesses on cost???

blakep82 - 13/1/11 at 11:46 AM

er, 60k for a track/race version it said in there somewhere

[Edited on 13/1/11 by blakep82]

Bluemoon - 13/1/11 at 11:54 AM

Nice good move I think, teaming up with Lola is a great idea.. But it's rich persons toy; would not have one myself

speedyxjs - 13/1/11 at 11:58 AM

Me likey!

franky - 13/1/11 at 11:59 AM

Massively overpriced, its specs do not match the price, there's better aero cars out there for less cash.

Quite a sad really as it would be great if they came up with a new road car.

at £60k i'd take a supercharged ls7 GDt70 and keep the gkd

carpmart - 13/1/11 at 12:03 PM

Spire/MK GT
Radical
Westy XTR

Hasn't this already been done several times?

scootz - 13/1/11 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
Massively overpriced, its specs do not match the price, there's better aero cars out there for less cash.

Crikey... that's a bit of a statement considering what little info has been released!

As for me...

Bluemoon - 13/1/11 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Spire/MK GT
Radical
Westy XTR

Yes but not for cater-vans; you could argue they are copying Westfield (after all that's what the radical, and Spire/MK GTR where) .. Their market is different, anyway this is locost-builders we all know that we could build one, just a question of time, but it will not have the "name" of Lola etc, just remember where Lola came from..

Dan

A1 - 13/1/11 at 12:59 PM

thats gorgeous!!

blakep82 - 13/1/11 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Spire/MK GT
Radical
Westy XTR

erm, hasn't the 7 been already done several times?

scootz - 13/1/11 at 01:21 PM

Let's be honest... it's as similar to a Spire as a Z4M is to an MGF!

Just because they have 4 wheels an engine and roughly the same silhouette (from a distance) does not make them equals!

The Radical is a better comparison... and even then a 300bhp one would not be cheap! They want £60k for the SR3 and it's a good bit heavier than the Caterham

Radicals are also a little rough around the edges - I would suspect the Caterham to be a bit more 'finished'.

[Edited on 13/1/11 by scootz]

hicost blade - 13/1/11 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Let's be honest... it's as similar to a Spire as a Z4M is to an MGF!

Well said that man

bitsilly - 13/1/11 at 02:05 PM

How come it weighs so much?
And is no more powerful than a R500.
I would have thought for that development budget and price, they could have come up with some way of keeping the weight down a bit more, unless they are saving that for second phase.
Looks good, but what will you think of someone who turns up at your local track with one?

beagley - 13/1/11 at 02:05 PM

I like it, think its beautiful, but I question the "road" applications. Some of us can praise it and some of us can rag on it but the real question is.....

A guy throws you the keys are you going to turn around then throw them back saying eh...?

mcerd1 - 13/1/11 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
.....it would be great if they came up with a new road car.

I'd agree with that part at least

but for now i'm just waiting for ginetta g40's to start appearing on the second hand market....

Alfa145 - 13/1/11 at 02:33 PM

Will they give it to Jason Plato to test?

CRAIGR - 13/1/11 at 02:36 PM

Probably be 10k to repair it after it met its first speed hump but having said that
I Like It !!!

Triton - 13/1/11 at 02:40 PM

It's about time small car manufacturers stopped making things that look like everything else and use their imagination and create mad looking things like the KTM Xbow and the MEV creations.

MakeEverything - 13/1/11 at 03:53 PM

I really like it. Id prefer to hear about the work in progress in the video.....

Caterham Mystery
Caterham Mystery

matt_gsxr - 13/1/11 at 04:42 PM

How do those head supports work then?
If the whole thing is 1.7m wide, then the centre to centre spacing of those headrests is ~50cm. So its going to be very intimate.
I say this from the perspective of a Phoenix, which is tight already.

Looks wise its great. Like a very well polished version of some of the aforementioned cars. I don't see the market for it though. Its going to be slower than a Radical, and less practical than anything. I'd be interested to hear how many Atoms are shipped.

Matt

pekwah1 - 13/1/11 at 04:43 PM

i like it!
but for me, radical sr8

matt_gsxr - 13/1/11 at 04:47 PM

track only.

brochure here:

http://www.caterham-spr.com/docs/SP300R.pdf

545kg and 450kg downforce at 250kph

http://www.caterham-spr.com/

MakeEverything - 13/1/11 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
track only.

brochure here:

http://www.caterham-spr.com/docs/SP300R.pdf

545kg and 450kg downforce at 250kph

http://www.caterham-spr.com/

... Making the car weigh in at 995Kg at 250kph. Based on that, id say it looks like its built for acceleration and mid speed cornering.

Ninehigh - 13/1/11 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beagley
I like it, think its beautiful, but I question the "road" applications. Some of us can praise it and some of us can rag on it but the real question is.....

A guy throws you the keys are you going to turn around then throw them back saying eh...?

Let's face it a guy could throw me the keys of a Mini Metro and I wouldn't throw them back

dzine - 13/1/11 at 09:35 PM

Saw it in the flesh today at Autosport (show car only though).

Would have to say that it was a very nice looking vehicle, and far more comparable to the Radicals than the others. One thing that I was particularly impressed with was the finish. The pearlescent paint was very well done.
But... they certianly dropped the ball on the steering column to dash mounting. It was a chunk of wood. Not painted, not hidden, just plain old pine with coupla 'oles drilled through it. I know it's not exactly finished, but this was inexcusable in my opinion.

I really wish them all the best, as this car has some great potential.

matt_gsxr - 13/1/11 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dzine

But... they certianly dropped the ball on the steering column to dash mounting. It was a chunk of wood. Not painted, not hidden, just plain old pine with coupla 'oles drilled through it.

Sounds like their might be a great project/product management job going at Caterham then!