Board logo

Pure Tech Racing, Crawley.
bodger - 2/2/11 at 08:54 PM

I was invited along there at the weekend (My friend runs an events company) & had a great time. Basically they've got 10 race car simulators all linked together allowing you to race against each other. The cars were originally developed for a company out in Dubai but when Dubai when t*ts up they were left with cars so they've set up in an old VW/Audi dealership on the redhill road just north of Gatwick Airport. The company are sometimes used for development work by some of the F1 teams so you can expect the simulation to be pretty good (They do have to tweak the settings a bit to make the cars more driveable by Joe Public & they knock the G-Forces down from 1.5 to 0.8 but it still hurts when you hit a wall!). You get 15 mins practice session, a debrief, then a 15 min race & a final debrief & printout of your lap times. We were there for about a couple of hours in total. It cost £300 for ten of us so not bad really. It'd be great for a stag do.

linky

puretechracing
puretechracing

[Edited on 2/2/11 by bodger]

steve m - 2/2/11 at 09:07 PM

I did it last year, and was impressed, and as you say you do get thrown about in the car, my best lap time was 1.07 but overall times were not constitant enough for me to rival Lewis and jenson!!

I would really like to do it again,

Steve

eddie99 - 2/2/11 at 09:08 PM

If it weren't so far away i'd say lets do a LCB event there, but i wouldn't be able to attend so you locals so arrange it

steve m - 2/2/11 at 09:10 PM

Its actually in Horley Surrey, and opposite the Air balloon pub, on the A23
I believe the unit used to be a VW/Audi dealer, for any on local they will know exactley were it is

Steve

balidey - 2/2/11 at 09:13 PM

Looks like a laugh.
What circuit(s) are the simulators running? Can you chose? It doesn't seem to mention it on their site

steve m - 2/2/11 at 09:28 PM

The circuit is made up of all the best parts of various world wide circuits

So my practising on the Wii beforehand did nothing

Steve

bodger - 2/2/11 at 09:46 PM

That's the reason it's not modelled on a specific circuit, no one's got an unfair advantage, unless you've already been of course.

Worzey - 2/2/11 at 10:40 PM

I was given a Pure Tech Racing giftcard for my birthday (back in May) and still haven't had the time to get along.

I really should given the fact my cousin works there.

Your excellent post has given me some motivaton to get off my @rse and do something about it.

Nash - 2/2/11 at 11:08 PM

A group of us went there a couple of months ago for a beano. Its not bad as a venue and the simulators are ok. Brakes have no "feel" or feedback which is the biggest let down. Worth a go but not cheap in real terms.

FOr completeness my best time was 1.03.4 and you do get a graph print out both after quali and the race so you can see where time can be made up. You does make you "enter into the spirit". Fastest lap on our session was a guy who had been several times before and he did a 1.02 5

If you are going all the time is made or lost in the chacaine at the end of the start / finish straight.

HTH's......... Neil