Board logo

A dilemma .......
clairetoo - 22/4/11 at 09:04 PM

Well , I had a good-ish day on the Fury - the only major job to do was fit the bonnet back on , the catch being I have fitted a new , wider , radiator.........and the bonnet wouldnt close
It only just touched , but the only cure was doing it properly - so out came the hacksaw (my compressor burst its hose as soon as I switched it on...) , cut off the rad brackets and shorten by 15mm , a quick weld or three and sorted

But..................it's all ready to drive , and I had planned on taxing it for Stoneleigh , but the damn weather is good

So.......do I leave it in the garage all week (when I am only working three days....) or tax it tonight , and take a chance on the weather staying good ??

What would you do ????????

HowardB - 22/4/11 at 09:11 PM

tax it, and drive it, it may never be this good again until September!

tomgregory2000 - 22/4/11 at 09:11 PM

tax it now and enjoy the sunshine!!!!!!!

you know it makes sence

chrisxr2 - 22/4/11 at 09:17 PM

tax it i taxed mine 4 days before the end of march and payed the extra for more driving.

deltron63 - 22/4/11 at 09:18 PM

i just taxed mine tonight as well

hootsno1 - 22/4/11 at 09:22 PM

Tax it and thrash it to an inch of it's life!!!

JoelP - 22/4/11 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hootsno1
Tax it and thrash it to an inch of it's life!!!

and then another inch

David Jenkins - 22/4/11 at 09:32 PM

I've been driving almost every day over the past week or so - glorious!

mistergrumpy - 22/4/11 at 09:46 PM

Don't tax it. It's raining here and it might come down to you.

steve m - 22/4/11 at 10:02 PM

Tax it,

mine might be soon as well !!

bi22le - 22/4/11 at 11:09 PM

I went through a similar thought process as you. . . . . . I taxed my car.

I understand your loosing a month which feels wrong to give the government more money than you have to but days like today dont come along every week.

Also (as my wife says) if you get six months and the weather is still to good to put the car away, tax it again and get a refund on unused months.

so

TAX IT!!!!

Biz

les g - 23/4/11 at 12:29 AM

Clair
tax it
when we was drinkin beer and you was scaring that bottle of JD last year at at the show you promised me a blast
love you lots
les g

matty h - 23/4/11 at 06:53 AM

I taxed mine start of april been using it ever since,taxed it for a year then you can use for 7 months if you want and cash the tax in at the end of summer works out cheaper as they rob you when you buy six months, plus when I rgistered the car I got charged £38 registration fee which is for admin during the life of the car so like to think when I cash my tax in I am getting my monies worth.

clairetoo - 23/4/11 at 04:30 PM

Well.................I taxed it

And took it for a blast......................which was nice

[Edited on 23/4/11 by clairetoo]