Board logo

Renault Modus Instruments - Any knowhow??
Dick Axtell - 16/5/11 at 08:14 PM

Just wondered if anyone had techie knowledge on Renault Modus instrument panel.

Dearly Beloved has problem with her Renault Modus. Warning light keeps showing service needed. Previously, it showed that oil change was needed. So we changed oil + filter, warnong light seemed to go. After a week away, when she got car out of garage, this service warning light came on. Bearing in mind she hasn't covered more than 2k mile over the year, why does the computer give this warning? Most importantly, how can I reset the instrument so that the warning light goes off?

Hope someone can help.

Ninehigh - 16/5/11 at 08:16 PM

Iirc these light up whenever they need servicing (and note they're usually similar to "12,000 miles or 12 months" so it might well be at the 12 months) and it's likely you'll need to reset it at the ecu..

big-vee-twin - 16/5/11 at 08:19 PM

I used to have a Megane, the instructions for resetting the service light is in the handbook

AndyRead - 16/5/11 at 10:03 PM

Hi Dick,

When you scroll through the info menu on the dash & get to the service / oil change light, press & hold the menu button & the reading will start to flash, keep the button held down & it will change to the new mileage, when the readout stops flashing release the button & it should be rest!

Hope this helps!

Andy

Dick Axtell - 17/5/11 at 08:16 AM

Yes, it did help!! Thanks very much, Andy. Dearly Beloved is happy, so I'm happy too.
It took some time to locate the right page in Renault's handbook, 'cos its universal - i.e. for all Modus models.