Board logo

Reminder to drivers with VAG 2.0 TDI PD engines
nick205 - 18/10/11 at 02:40 PM

After a good result today, a quick reminder to owners of the above engined vehicles.

See here for details.....

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=160340&pag e=1#pid1364631

bowood14 - 18/10/11 at 04:07 PM

Well I rang VW customer services very evasive about any problems I had to start questioning in the end they agreed tome taking into my local VW dealer for checking. The customer services chap "JIMMY" at no time admitted anything but also seemed to know a lot about what I was talking about! Anyway booked will see how it goes and everyone know

zilspeed - 18/10/11 at 04:25 PM

Too right.

Only problem I have now is all this torque

It's really a must do if you have one of the affected cars.

nick205 - 18/10/11 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bowood14
Well I rang VW customer services very evasive about any problems I had to start questioning in the end they agreed tome taking into my local VW dealer for checking. The customer services chap "JIMMY" at no time admitted anything but also seemed to know a lot about what I was talking about! Anyway booked will see how it goes and everyone know

Sounds exactly like the first VW person I spoke to - they clearly knew of the problem and what needed doing, but were also clearly briefed on avoiding the subject and not admitting any liability for anything!

Stick with it and make sure you get it checked/sorted.

wylliezx9r - 18/10/11 at 07:20 PM

Hi guys, I've got A 54 plate a3 2.0 tdi dsg 74k on it. Is it likely to be affected by this. I have noticed recently a slight screeching noise under load at low revs, hope its not the start of bad things. Its also got a full audi history.

Cheers Dan

Irony - 19/10/11 at 09:19 AM

Does this have any bearing on my 1.9 GT TDI mk 4 Golf?

nick205 - 21/10/11 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Does this have any bearing on my 1.9 GT TDI mk 4 Golf?

Limited to 2.0 PD engines AFAIK.