Board logo

I feel robbed
mad-butcher - 10/1/12 at 05:16 PM

Just put my old Mitsi Pajero through it's MOT, advice on 1 brake line, went to the office to pay and get my certificate, fcuk me what a scabby bit of paper.

tony

blakep82 - 10/1/12 at 05:18 PM

yeah, still a bit of paper though, like the last one was still a bit of paper

owelly - 10/1/12 at 05:19 PM

But newer MOT is a paper piece of paper.....

jollygreengiant - 10/1/12 at 06:26 PM

........................With NO sticky label.

[Edited on 10/1/12 by jollygreengiant]

Talon Motorsport - 10/1/12 at 07:21 PM

Yes but the new MOT piece of paper that the testing station gives you is only a recept and now all the faults and minor advisories are passed on to VOSA! So next time you decide to drive around for a week after failing the test and get stopped by plod they will tell you why they impounding your car and making you walk home. Also every warning light on the dash must work, all tow balls will be checked and so will the lighting and caravan charging sockets.

pmc_3 - 10/1/12 at 07:28 PM

The garage told me it was VOSA saving money as they were having to provide the paper. Now its just normal A4 sheets the garage has to pay for them.

jacko - 10/1/12 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
Yes but the new MOT piece of paper that the testing station gives you is only a recept and now all the faults and minor advisories are passed on to VOSA! So next time you decide to drive around for a week after failing the test and get stopped by plod they will tell you why they impounding your car and making you walk home. Also every warning light on the dash must work, all tow balls will be checked and so will the lighting and caravan charging sockets.

Yes don't i know it my airbag light is on and the part it repair it is £204 + vat + £66 + vat to fit in
just so the mot man can give me a bit of paper

donny - 10/1/12 at 08:38 PM

My P plate Clio airbag warning light has been on for the last 5 years (proves it works?!) - I was told that these were exempt so never bothered paying to get it fixed. If VOSA have moved the goal posts then I guess there could be an attempt at a mid engined Clio based Locost.... as it will cost more to fix than it's worth. Cheers VOSA.

Donny

adithorp - 10/1/12 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
Yes but the new MOT piece of paper that the testing station gives you is only a recept and now all the faults and minor advisories are passed on to VOSA! So next time you decide to drive around for a week after failing the test and get stopped by plod they will tell you why they impounding your car and making you walk home.

Your MOT has been held as didgital data on VOSAs computer for years. Ever since the MOT station computerisation. The green printed version was no more "an MOT cert" than the current one. That was introduced to remove the security problems that meant stolem blank certs' had such high value. All the fail points and advisories have been on VOSAs system all that time as well.
Like the posters on, here many didn't understand that and took it as the MOT. The new "crappy" one means people are far more likely to check the validity of the "cert" when buying a car; Would you trust it?

eddie99 - 10/1/12 at 09:16 PM

If a warning light is on??? Seriously.... Thats all alfas including mine will be off the road very quickly!

mad-butcher - 10/1/12 at 09:32 PM

good point Adithorp, but having said that how many plonkers won't check the website, I beleive any warning light, oil leak are a fail

loggyboy - 10/1/12 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donny
My P plate Clio airbag warning light has been on for the last 5 years (proves it works?!) - I was told that these were exempt so never bothered paying to get it fixed. If VOSA have moved the goal posts then I guess there could be an attempt at a mid engined Clio based Locost.... as it will cost more to fix than it's worth. Cheers VOSA.

Donny

I wouldnt say moving the goal posts, just making the goal smaller!

Check all the cables under your seat, its common clio problem, usually a loose connection.

JoelP - 10/1/12 at 09:58 PM

i once had 11 lights on on the dash of my sprinter.

My fuel gauge has also broken, so the warning light is always on. They cant fail it for that! Sadly, there's also the service and airbag lights.