Board logo

how many chances does pastor need
daniel mason - 8/7/12 at 12:26 PM

its time he was punished now.how many peoples championships is he gonna screw up? what a tit

scootz - 8/7/12 at 12:28 PM

Looked to me like he steered into Perez! Need to see it again though....

Coopz - 8/7/12 at 12:31 PM

He's a sloppy driver, but with lots of money backing him!

pdm - 8/7/12 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Looked to me like he steered into Perez! Need to see it again though....

that's what I think from that first replay

daniel mason - 8/7/12 at 12:46 PM

perez was one of the fastest cars on the grid and had a great chane to get some decent points. only for pastor to do that.
then on perez radio he said 'not maldonado again! why does he drive like that'

A1 - 8/7/12 at 01:30 PM

i seem to remember reading this a couple of weeks back only it was hamilton he **cked over...

loggyboy - 8/7/12 at 02:02 PM

Im the last to defend PM as most of his previous altercations have been pretty obviously his fault, however IMO this was a racing incident. He merely caught kerb on the inside (whilst giving space to SP), which upset the car, leading him to have to correct and no where to go but in to the side of Perez. If you go round the outside you put your self at high risk. I have feeling If the stewards felt it was his fault then they would have handed a penalty to him during the race.

daniel mason - 8/7/12 at 02:05 PM

your kidding right? car wasnt out of shape until he drove straight into SP. imo not a racing incident

eddie99 - 8/7/12 at 02:40 PM

After seeing the replay, i also say its a racing incident. He was up the inside, lost the rear end slightly which sent him wide.

However some of the previous incidents such as monaco i think were a disgrace so maybe its time he is punished.

Westy1994 - 8/7/12 at 08:04 PM

Maldonado was adjudged to have caused his collision with Sergio Perez, which led to the Sauber driver’s retirement, and due to the seriousness of the incident received a double penalty in the form of a reprimand and a 25,000 euro fine.

As reported by the F1 site

daniel mason - 8/7/12 at 09:14 PM

whats a 25,000 euro gonna do? hardly a deterrant. still proves hes running out of chances

Westy1994 - 8/7/12 at 09:52 PM

Must admit probably not a lot, the reprimand does affect him on track though.

"18.2 Any driver who receives three reprimands in the same Championship season will, upon the imposition of the third, be given a ten grid place penalty at that Event. If the third reprimand is imposed following an Incident during a race the ten grid place penalty will be applied at the driver’s next Event."

Not really sure , other than a race ban what else you can do....

bi22le - 8/7/12 at 10:19 PM

Racing incident to me. Previous convictions are going against him now. Everybody has forgotten the multiple Hamilton and massa incidents.

He had a wobble at the apex but expected sp to drift out.

IMHO obviously!!

ruskino80 - 9/7/12 at 08:34 AM

he was only fined 10k,kobayashi was fined the 25.

loggyboy - 9/7/12 at 08:47 AM

to add to what bizzle said, i think the stewards are using the opportunity of a ambiguous accident to just nudge him to realise he needs to calm down.

contaminated - 9/7/12 at 09:19 AM

50/50 I would say. Perez was going around the outside and PM's car unsettled itself. Not pretty I admit but i think that was a racing incident.