Board logo

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment
stevebubs - 7/10/13 at 05:39 PM

Considering getting my alloy wheels refurbished and looking for recommendations on where to take them.

They're 18" 2 piece Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X, like this but the diamond cut rims are heavily corroded

Any recommendations on (cheap) places around Reading that would refurbish them? Not looking to get them diamond cut, just a straightforward silver all over will do.

Thx

[Edited on 7/10/13 by stevebubs]

[Edited on 7/10/13 by stevebubs]

ChrisW - 7/10/13 at 07:26 PM

Bit far from Reading, but I always use BJV Engineering.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/

Crap website, great service. No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Chris

stevebubs - 7/10/13 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Bit far from Reading, but I always use BJV Engineering.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/

Crap website, great service. No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Chris

Wow... #300inc VAT? Was hoping for half that....

Bare - 8/10/13 at 12:06 AM

Clearly you wanted Cheap :-)
Hunt up one of those Mobile 'Wheel Refinisherss' that Auto dealers use to 'cleanup' Grotty wheels on trade in cars. Great / Effective cosmetic repairs... at least until the car is sold on.

snakebelly - 8/10/13 at 06:43 AM

City powdercoaters birmingham do most alloys at £40 each, had3 sets done so far with no complaints
HTH

stevebubs - 8/10/13 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bare
Clearly you wanted Cheap :-)
Hunt up one of those Mobile 'Wheel Refinisherss' that Auto dealers use to 'cleanup' Grotty wheels on trade in cars. Great / Effective cosmetic repairs... at least until the car is sold on.

Cheap is indeed the key - I don't see the value in spending 10-15% of the car's value on prettying up the wheels...

coyoteboy - 8/10/13 at 08:12 PM

Never found any repair places that make any sense unless you want the wheels you have specifically to be repaired, and are willing to pay to keep them.

morcus - 8/10/13 at 08:19 PM

My Mum was quoted £300 to have the wheels on her car done by a mobile man as the 'cheap' option though you might find a cheaper one.

I'm sure I've seen offers in Halfords for new wheels with Tyres for not much more.

martyn1137 - 8/10/13 at 09:54 PM

BJV Engineering for me too. I have used them for over 10 years on various wheels. They are inexpensive compared to others. Anything less is not worth the effort.