Board logo

Autosprint Birmingham, any good?
fha772 - 22/12/13 at 05:43 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here had used the services of Autosprint in Birmingham?

I'm looking at having some engine work done in the new year, and they seem reasonable prices and look competent.

Cheers Frank.

daniel mason - 22/12/13 at 05:56 PM

is this in preperation for the ppc track day?

fha772 - 22/12/13 at 06:07 PM

I don't think so, but we'll see how I go on.
I've got a couple of good spare Mercedes 280E engines in the shed and I'm thinking of having the head done off of 1 of them ready for the EFI conversion, and a cam regrind to AMG specs, maybe look at bigger valves too but there isn't really much room to go bigger.

I'm just waiting to hear from a mate about a forged crank, rods, and pistons, out of a Skyline to fit in, if they come for the right price, then I'll build it for more power in the future.

redturner - 22/12/13 at 06:25 PM

Geoff Dodd at Autosprint is brilliant with engines and I can't recommend him enough. He has done several full race heads heads for me and supplied me with camshafts. I will add that these were all for Ford x flow engines. I have now moved on from x-flow and started with Zetec. I will go to him when I start tuning the Zetec.

fha772 - 22/12/13 at 06:30 PM

Cheers For that, they do seem good, but it is nice to have it confirmed.

My track car is a 1982 Mercedes 280E, so it's a bit unusual to say the least!!

redturner - 22/12/13 at 06:57 PM

As long as you enjoy it, that's fine, doesn't matter what you drive.

CNHSS1 - 22/12/13 at 07:04 PM

Used Geoff for fords and nissans. Always does a 1st class job at a good price, proper engineer.