Board logo

DVLA website probs with sorn
Andybarbet - 29/1/14 at 09:32 PM

Anyone else having probs trying to sorn a car ?

I have 2 to do as they are up for renewal but I input the document reference from the reminders for either car & it says incorrect number !

I know they get the fines out quickly enough but seems they cant fix a website at the time of the month when most people need it most.

Groan.........

r1_pete - 29/1/14 at 09:45 PM

Doesn't perpetual SORN start round about now?

Slimy38 - 29/1/14 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Doesn't perpetual SORN start round about now?

Yes, the page has been updated at the beginning of the year and now quotes;

Your SORN is valid until your vehicle is taxed, sold or scrapped.

Andy, check the vehicle details on the same website to see if the SORN is actually up for renewal. It might be saying incorrect number because you don't have to apply. Or they may have cocked up the website and you'll have to apply by post, in which case they'll come back and say you didn't need to reapply.

[Edited on 29/1/14 by Slimy38]

britishtrident - 29/1/14 at 10:00 PM

I encountered this earlier this month ---
If you go in via the document number of your current registration document it should show the vehicle as being SORNed

More worryingly I have heard a rumour the powers that be may introduce a £60 charge for putting a vehicle on SORN

Andybarbet - 29/1/14 at 10:23 PM

Cheers guys, checked as mentioned above & it says sorned on both but no mention of it being due for renewal.

Looks like it changed roundabout when my reminder letters were sent out !

Atleast it will save me having to resorn my donor sierra every year (what's left of it anyway).

Davey D - 30/1/14 at 04:22 PM

Ive had this exact problem trying to re SORN one of our cars which has already been SORN'ed for a year. go to the website, and enter the reference number to be told that the number is invalid :-S