Board logo

which protective glasses to buy.
stevem2727 - 6/4/09 at 08:14 PM

Hi im looking to buy some protective shatterproof glasses for local running around in the mk anyone got any suggestions on which ones and where to buy from,thanks.

blakep82 - 6/4/09 at 08:20 PM

i'd go with a crash helmet tbh. still wouldn't fancy getting hit round the face by a bee, or stones

lexus - 6/4/09 at 08:25 PM

Good advice blakep....it is my son who asked the question!

blakep82 - 6/4/09 at 08:26 PM

i take it thats what you told him too?
someone posted a link earlier today, to a motorbike shop with some cracking deals. i'll try and dig it out

[Edited on 6/4/09 by blakep82]

RichardK - 6/4/09 at 08:28 PM

I got some de walt ones off the bay, seem ok, although thankfully haven't been tested yet!

Cheers

Rich

LINKY to the glasses I bought

blakep82 - 6/4/09 at 08:28 PM

here you go
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=110352
theres a few links in there

eznfrank - 6/4/09 at 08:36 PM

Look after your eyes!! This is what happened to me not wearing suitable eyewear - albeit in different circumstances.

Linky

lexus - 6/4/09 at 08:38 PM

Cheers Blakep! Now we know it is only £40'ish to save teeth and eyesight. I like the analogy of the hit from a bumblebee feeling like a golfball!

wilkingj - 6/4/09 at 09:05 PM

I use a cheap fulll face bike helmet. (Still its ACU Gold Stamped) Stops all those little stones that sting the face.

Rarely use glasses, although I have some WILEY X ones, whihc I think are very good, even though they are expensive.

[Edited on 6/4/2009 by wilkingj]

Staple balls - 6/4/09 at 09:37 PM

I have some Wiley x SG1s for when I need stuff to not get at my eyes.

not even remotely cheap, but the lenses can handle more than I need (i shot a spare one with my .177 air rifle, very, very little damage, certainly would save sight in that situation)

I'd still use a proper lid in a locost mind.

skibum - 7/4/09 at 07:19 AM

Hi There

Have a look at the link below, I use these for local runs and under my lid if its a sunny day or conditions aren't great.

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/section.php?xSec=4

Matt

jimgiblett - 7/4/09 at 11:16 AM

Wiley XL1 get my vote. Helmets provide greater protection but impede peripheral vision partcularly if you are stapped in properly. In the end I went for a full screen with my new kit.

- Jim

Vindi_andy - 8/4/09 at 09:18 AM

Bought a set of dixons myself.

Not had chance to test them yet as the car hasnt been sva'd and now wont start but thye seem good to me when I used them in my tintop.

I have got 4 sets of lenses dark tint, clear, yellow and anti glare, bought the anti glare ones seperately

mk_xe - 10/4/09 at 10:50 PM

I use a helmet but sometimes for slow driving and passengers i got some great snowboard goggles from Decathlon, akthough about £19.99