Board logo

In at the deep end
col - 6/9/09 at 05:37 PM

Hi guys, im new to this forum but i could do with some guide lines to what kit car to build.
i dont want atrack day motor,but i do want something that can handle an get a move on. Also trips abroad .Ive stripped a sierra got everything but sold the pinto. Im now about to strip a mondeo for its 1.8,Ive also aquired a set of bike carbs (zx6r) all i need now is some advice . cheers col.

prawnabie - 6/9/09 at 05:49 PM

Hi mate

Are you looking to build the chassis yourself or buy from a manufacturer. If you are buying then you can't go far wrong looking at MNR or MK.

jacko - 6/9/09 at 05:56 PM

Welcome to the mad house
yes as above
Mnr/MK mac1 etc i would go to the next show and have a look at them all have a talk with the reps +
go out side and talk to car owners
The next show is coming up soon Stafford
Jacko

prawnabie - 6/9/09 at 07:04 PM

where abouts are you col?

col - 6/9/09 at 07:38 PM

Cheers guys,sounds a good idea,Stafford show...when is it on ? Its not a million miles from me in Kidderminster.
Also to answer the other question,im pretty handy with most things,but i dont weld. I do talk to myself,i curse,an i drink copious amounts of tea while workin on cars,anything sound familiar?

I am use to problem solving as im a member of the Williams clio club

prawnabie - 6/9/09 at 07:59 PM

why don't you come to the south brum meet tomorrow night in redditch there are a few people pretty close to you who are just embarking on/working there way though new builds at the moment. Mads is building an indy and "thinkingaboutit" (Ian) is build a cvh powered locost at the moment

You would be more than welcome

[Edited on 6/9/09 by prawnabie]

col - 6/9/09 at 08:22 PM

If i can i will come. Is it at the "Watermill"?

col - 6/9/09 at 08:23 PM

Blimey what happened there!!!

prawnabie - 6/9/09 at 08:32 PM

its at the old washford mill in redditch from about 7:30pm

col - 7/9/09 at 06:32 AM

I new it had water an mill in it!........as i said if i can i will try an make it.
look out for a bald,tashed old f**t drivin a merc.

adithorp - 8/9/09 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by col
Cheers guys,sounds a good idea,Stafford show...when is it on ? Its not a million miles from me in Kidderminster.

19/20th September. Stafford county showground