Board logo

Finally - sourced my first kit (MK Indy)
Tipster69 - 10/4/10 at 09:36 PM

Hi,

MANY Thanks to the folks on here who have replied to my posts (or posts in general) in helping me to make an informed decision on what kit to go for.

I have left a deposit on a 5 year old MK Indy. I thought it best (in the first instance anyway) to buy built and strip it down and this looks to fit the bill perfectly. It isn't SVA`d and is in need of a some TLC.

I apologise in advance for the amount of mythering for info that is likely to ensue.

I'm looking forward to collecting it next weekend. Plenty of garage cleaning to be getting on with in the meantime.

CHEERS

deanwelch - 10/4/10 at 09:58 PM

good for you............you will find mk very helpfull if you need to ring them..

daniel mason - 10/4/10 at 10:00 PM

hope you never paid too much as iva is near £500 plus you need to get the car there, rebuild,insure,tax!! these are some of the things that caught me out 1st time!! hope all is well though,and if you fancy a short trip up the m6, i am not far away! and building like mad..

Tipster69 - 10/4/10 at 10:10 PM

Hi,

I think I got it for a very fair price. I did have in the back of my mind the IVA cost's and did give buying a pre-registered one alot of thought.

I may just use this as my "testing the water" kit to see how it goes.

I'm often up the lakes in the Motorhome so may well take you up on your offer.

CHEERS

LBMEFM - 11/4/10 at 06:27 AM

Good luck with the build, as well as the guys on here being helpful always give MK Sportscars a call on 01709 816138, as said, they are most helpful and friendly guys you could meet. Barry

[Edited on 11/4/10 by LBMEFM]

Tipster69 - 11/4/10 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Good luck with the build, as well as the guys on here being helpful always give MK Sportscars a call on 01709 816138, as said, they are most helpful and friendly guys you could meet. Barry

[Edited on 11/4/10 by LBMEFM]

Thanks for the good luck message and the info.