Board logo

Is it normal.....?
kendo - 5/7/10 at 02:29 PM

....to start thinking of the next project before you've fully finished the current one?

I have found my self looking through mag's and websites (car related for those with gutteral minds) thinking hmmm that looks good, not too dear, oh yes I fancy that.

ahunt - 5/7/10 at 02:34 PM

Yes, I saw a really small single seatered bike engine car at a hill climb event, It was made of just the frame and some shaped ally panels it looked awesome and so easy to build. so now im just waiting for that cheap bike engine to turn up in the forsale section or ebay..... Also i had a mini project on the go with the XE lump in it gave up sold it and started building the kit car.....

[Edited on 5/7/10 by ahunt]

smart51 - 5/7/10 at 02:53 PM

Yes. It is better to finish the first project before starting the next but thinking is OK.

speedyxjs - 5/7/10 at 02:56 PM

Iv been planning my next few projects since about 2 years ago. Even started buying parts!

Stott - 5/7/10 at 03:10 PM

Yeah I bought the second chassis that my friend had bent up (for a BEC atom-esque thingy) last month, despite not having finished my robin hood, that I've had a while, well 12 years..............

but who's counting eh!

alistairolsen - 5/7/10 at 03:31 PM

Ive got various, I got a boat as a bare hull in need of rebuild when I was 11 (now 23) and dad and I built a galvanised trailer for it, extended the stern by 3 feet and moulded in a tunnel for a surface drive and resprayed the underside. It now sits in the car port under the house with 2 partially stripped engines and various parts buried under a lot of crap stored on top.

My nova which Ive had since I was 18 is still around, in need of new wheels and tyres, front brakes and some paintwork before being pressed into trackday duties again.

I started redecorating my hallway about 3 years ago, the flooring lies in my parents garage and I still have no wallpaper…

The locost build is ongoing and lies on a build table in the workshop at the folks and gets attention as and when I have time.

Finally in the search for a daily driver I decided to buy a jago jeep which is now in bits behind the Locost in need of a new engine, the wiring loom refitted and the rear axle rebuilt.

I still spend my days at work split between a 750mc race car, lotus type 49 rep, slicks and wings bike engined hillclimb car and a spaceframed landrover v8 lmao!

big_wasa - 5/7/10 at 03:38 PM

Sure is.

Ive nearly inished the locost and am going to collect a steering column tonight and a set of upright tommorrow

geoffxt - 5/7/10 at 03:55 PM

It's good to dream!

JeffHs - 5/7/10 at 04:42 PM

Never finish anything! There's always an excuse that way - it's still work-in-progress.
2 cars, major house extension, new garage - we did finish the plane but my mate's a finisher.

kendo - 5/7/10 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JeffHs
Never finish anything! There's always an excuse that way - it's still work-in-progress.
2 cars, major house extension, new garage - we did finish the plane but my mate's a finisher.

Love the Auster by the way.

I guess it is pretty important to finish a plane though...

JeffHs - 5/7/10 at 05:17 PM

Yes, can't cut corners with anything that flies! It does add a little frisson knowing that every bit that makes it go and stay up in the air was put there by just the 2 of us. I still sleep at nights though!