Board logo

One step forward and a jog back
big_wasa - 11/7/10 at 08:05 AM

The end looked to be insight. Testing the electrics and the reverse was not playing ball.

Trace it back to a dicky rev' switch. thats a soddin engine and box out on mine with a mt75 box.

So I get stuck in, and shear the electrical stud of my starter motor, loose the retaining ball on my hex bit set and chip all the paint of the chassis rails trying to wrestle the thing back in. Lots of skin scraped of ...:

And breath rant over D

Ben_Copeland - 11/7/10 at 08:17 AM

Ah the fun of car ownership

jollygreengiant - 11/7/10 at 08:22 AM

Just wait till you've rebuilt a Jag 3.4 litre from a Mk2 jag in sittu. Refiited the cam covers and just as you fit the last copper washer and chrome dome nut, you drop the copper washer down the plug hole. ........................

dazzx10r - 11/7/10 at 09:17 AM

I know just what you're going through, I'm really tempted to sell mine and buy another race bike, infact the only thing stopping me is the battle of trying to get sponsors on board again! (only just paid the overdraft off from last year!)

Dusty - 11/7/10 at 10:21 AM

Did you know if you turn over a mini A series engine without the dizzy in place, the dizzy driveshaft winds itself out of its hole and drops into the gearbox/sump. I remember laughing till I cried or maybe I just cried.

stuleah - 12/7/10 at 06:41 PM

I know the feeling mate.
Mine is nearly ready for the IVA and the gear cable has just broke.