Board logo

Loads of stuff to sell.... opinions.......
D Beddows - 10/9/10 at 03:16 PM

I've seemingly reached an age where spending nights pondering what engine to put in a kit car have become a little boring.... so I've bought an MX5 instead! I'm working on the theory that now I'm middle aged, fat(ish), and grey haired/bald, people will look on in pity as it being a midlife crisis car rather than a hairdressing thing

BUT I have about 15 years of accumulated treasures to sell to get the money for the upgrades I want to do - having seen complaints about multiple 'for sale' posts would people rather I did everything in one HUGE post or split it into several categorised posts for easier viewing?? As a lot of the stuff came from people on here for very reasonable prices I'd rather recycle for roughly what I paid to other people on here rather than trying for the big money elsewhere........ comments before the big sell off next week???

PS LOTs of Crossflow tuning bits/ a complete megajolt setup (inc crossflow bike carb manifold), ford gearboxes.... the list goes on a bit........

rallyingden - 10/9/10 at 03:27 PM

Can I sugest you complile a list and email it to any interested party after they have U2U'd you their email address......... and I'll be first

U2U sent

RD

trextr7monkey - 10/9/10 at 03:39 PM

Heh! enough of the shameless Friday afternon peak time whiping up of interest sort of posting, just give us this mother of all lists !

atb
Mike

Ps I think the objection to multiple posts is the 5 posts to clear out some dogends of silicone hose [or different sizes of cable ties ] rather than the the more useful essentials. One huge list can get unwieldy by the 3rd day when you have had lots of questions and answers so maybe drop it in in a few big bits, this also increases the chances of more people benefitting.

scootz - 10/9/10 at 03:53 PM

If you're selling loads, then I would suggest stressing at the outset that there are no 'dibs'. First to lay their money on the table gets it! That way there is no faffing about and no hurt feelings.

scootz - 10/9/10 at 03:54 PM

PS - Can I have first dibs on everything you have until I see the list!?

mcerd1 - 10/9/10 at 05:44 PM

It might be an idea to split into 2 or 3 posts with a day or so between them and give you a chance to sort one batch out before you start on the next

as for the offical policy For Sale Guidelines linky
"there is a limit per occassional (not every) month of 5 'For Sale' threads per member"

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
a complete megajolt setup (inc crossflow bike carb manifold), ford gearboxes.... the list goes on a bit........
I've got those bits already so I'll just have dibs on everything else

[Edited on 10/9/2010 by mcerd1]

[Edited on 10/9/2010 by mcerd1]

MikeR - 10/9/10 at 05:47 PM

can you wait a week or two - i'm off next week and may want a few bits

iank - 10/9/10 at 05:58 PM

It's got to be better to split it into a few posts if there's a lot, doubt anyone would complain unless it's one post per item or dozens of posts. It's the front page/today.php users that complain, those that look at the category view don't see any clutter.

Maybe one for engines, one for electrical, one for misc?

[Edited on 10/9/10 by iank]

scootz - 10/9/10 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
As for the offical policy For Sale Guidelines linky
"there is a limit per occassional (not every) month of 5 'For Sale' threads per member"

Zoiks... Me bad - hadn't read that bit!

iank - 10/9/10 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
As for the offical policy For Sale Guidelines linky

Zoiks... Me bad - hadn't read that bit!

Yeah, but you're 'special'

snapper - 10/9/10 at 06:51 PM

Suggest all crosflow bits together
Al gearboxes together
Etc.

scootz - 10/9/10 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
Yeah, but you're 'special'

That's what my Mummy says too...

D Beddows - 10/9/10 at 07:35 PM

OK, lol, I didn't expect quite such a response I will make a list and take some pictures - a couple of people have u2u'd about things I mentioned and I will u2u them back with details of what exactly I have to sell and what I'd like in terms of money over the weekend. I hope to have at least a list with some ovno type prices up by Sunday evening to give everyone a chance

Cheers

Dave