Board logo

Advice on Potential Sale
FrankP - 8/11/10 at 09:54 PM

Hi
due to an impending HUGE gagarge billl for the family car - it would apear high presure diesel pum are very expensive..
I may have to look at selling the Locost. I know this is completely the wrong time of year... But.
I have a Aires (Stuart Taylor) car. 2l zetec fuel injection megasquirt. IVA'd in July on a Q plate taxed till Jan 2011. Runs very well...

What would be a reaslitic figure to ask for such a vehicle..

Thanks

Frank

interestedparty - 8/11/10 at 10:00 PM

£6K

Bluemoon - 8/11/10 at 10:09 PM

Eck, don't do it unless you really really have to, to many hours building... Might be worth asking on here about the pump?

Unfornatly the car will only be worth what someone is willing to pay, if you need shot quickly you are unlickly to cut a good deal.

Dan

[Edited on 8/11/10 by Bluemoon]

mark chandler - 8/11/10 at 10:10 PM

If its a diesel ford you can usually pick up low mileage second hand engines complete for less than the pump ! When you add in the injectors etc which will also be stuffed the cost goes up and up and up

twybrow - 8/11/10 at 11:46 PM

If it happens to be a Honda 2.2cdti fuel pump you are looking for then I have one you can have.... Long shot I know!

moorejam - 9/11/10 at 11:57 AM

I had some similar issues with a tddi and the costs I was quoted scared the whats its out of me. Fortunately, after doing some searching on ebay and the internet (search on the actual part number) I was able to get a new Bosch part for £100. If it is a different part their was also a chap who sells reconditioned pumps for £250. The garage may not warrant the solution, but if it keeps your pride & Joy!!!

Kartdad - 9/11/10 at 04:09 PM

Dont Do it you will regret it and will never get the money together again!