Board logo

Separate clutch components?
owelly - 19/11/10 at 08:03 PM

Anyone know where I can buy just a friction plate? In the past I've phoned National Auto and they've confirmed the part number and then sent it to one of their outlets and I've bought it through them. The last one was a slightly oversized Ford Galaxy clutch plate to mate the Alfa engine to the type 9 box, for the princely sum of £20 inc vat!. Now I need a 242mm plate with the 1"x23splines. There are a few 240mm plates with the correct centre but they are all too thin. What I need is a plate from a LDV Maxus. I'm not forking out over £100 for a £20 plate and chuck the rest in the bin!
I did get a part number from National and they were extremely helpful in telling me exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, they no longer stock the friction plate.........but can get a complete kit!
LDV only supply the three piece kit but confirmed that a part number does exist for just the friction plate but they can't buy them in any more.........

Suggestions??

prawnabie - 19/11/10 at 08:24 PM

Have you tried quinton hazell

paulf - 19/11/10 at 08:26 PM

I have bought just friction plates from the motor factors in the past, the last 2 I bought from EBC brakes who have a counter in Northampton, I am sure they would do mail order also.
Paul

owelly - 19/11/10 at 08:36 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. I havn't tried QH although I have been using their PDF catalogue for referance!! I'll try them and google EBC.

Having googled the LDV Maxus, it seems they have a dodgey clutch release arm which fails anywhere after 25,000 miles. The fix is to fit a new arm and clutch kit. What I need, is the friction plate that has just been pulled out of a low mileage van!

owelly - 19/11/10 at 08:51 PM

QH don't list the friction plate. Just a complete kit....d'oh!