Board logo

Fisher sportscars gone?
Krullert - 10/1/12 at 02:06 PM

Hi all, im having plans on building a Fisher Fury, but now ive noticed the homepage doesnt work. Anyone knows whats happened? Is the buissness gone?

Cheers

blakep82 - 10/1/12 at 02:13 PM

got sold to BGH Geartech, then they sold it on

try this one
www.furysportscars.co.uk

HowardB - 10/1/12 at 02:15 PM

See Steve at fury sports cars,..

links

hth

scudderfish - 10/1/12 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krullert
Hi all, im having plans on building a Fisher Fury, but now ive noticed the homepage doesnt work. Anyone knows whats happened? Is the buissness gone?

Cheers

Excellent choice BTW

HowardB - 10/1/12 at 06:53 PM

and very strong chassis in either a front or rear end crunch as I and others can attest,....

MakeEverything - 10/1/12 at 07:16 PM

You're ok then Dave!!!!

Krullert - 11/1/12 at 02:49 PM

Ah thank god its still available haha, and got all worried i had to find something else!

I hope the chassis is strong cause i plan getting a SR20DET in it

scudderfish - 11/1/12 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krullert
Ah thank god its still available haha, and got all worried i had to find something else!

I hope the chassis is strong cause i plan getting a SR20DET in it

Me too, I'm about to drop a TVR 4.3L V8 in mine

Krullert - 11/1/12 at 02:54 PM

Lovley! I feel theres not that many threads involving Furys. I would love to see some project threads around for inspiration!

scudderfish - 11/1/12 at 03:43 PM

Well I've never done an engine rebuild/swap before. It turns up tomorrow, so I'll start documenting my incompetence sometime after.

Furyous - 11/1/12 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
Well I've never done an engine rebuild/swap before. It turns up tomorrow, so I'll start documenting my incompetence sometime after.

What are you swapping to? I was going to make a thread for my engine swap but things have been happening in dribs and drabs without much worth taking photos of. Plus, I don't want to show how bad my skills are.

scudderfish - 11/1/12 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Furyous
quote:

What are you swapping to? I was going to make a thread for my engine swap but things have been happening in dribs and drabs without much worth taking photos of. Plus, I don't want to show how bad my skills are.

As above, from 160bhp 3.5L V8 to 270(ish)bhp 4.3 V8

Furyous - 12/1/12 at 09:05 AM

quote:

I missed that. Are you sure it will fit? How heavy is the 4.3? I was surprised how compact Claire's V6 is, so maybe it's not that enormous.

stevebubs - 12/1/12 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Furyous
quote:

I missed that. Are you sure it will fit? How heavy is the 4.3? I was surprised how compact Claire's V6 is, so maybe it's not that enormous.

As there's already a Rover V8 in there, I would presume the difference will be around the ancillaries.

Trust you already have a gearbox fitted that will take the power?

scudderfish - 12/1/12 at 01:33 PM

I'll still be running with my LT77 until I lunch it.

Interestingly, a 5.2L RV8 is externally the same size as the 3.5, it's just bored and stroked until you can poke a finger through the cylinder wall.

[Edited on 12/1/12 by scudderfish]

jeffw - 12/1/12 at 01:44 PM

My Phoenix is off to see Steve at Fury Sportscars on Monday....

Last time I was there he had a Alfa V6 (with box) fitted into a Fury chassis. Now that would make an interesting car or maybe something like a VW VR6 or VR5.