Board logo

Is there a market for selling Chassis and Bodywork only ?
Tris - 2/10/12 at 03:56 PM

Hello All,

I currently own a Fisher Fury thats been racing in RGB this year. Looks like it won't now be racing next year, so ive been thinking about what i would like to do with it, and maybe get a new project over the winter.

One option is obviously to sell it as a whole, but an idea ive been toying with is to break the car down and keep the engine etc for another project.

This would leave me with a lightened, race spec fury chassis, roll cage, bodywork and some running gear.

Do people think there would be a market for this ? (i.e. would i be able to sell it for a sensible price to someone as a project ?) Or am i better trying to sell the car whole ?

Cheers
Tris

nick205 - 2/10/12 at 04:06 PM

I guess the ideal is a fellow racer looking to rebuild a bent car with a good motor, but a limited market perhaps.

Slimy38 - 2/10/12 at 04:30 PM

Personally I'm always on the lookout for just some bodywork to fit on a 7 chassis, when I come to build mine I know of endless routes to go for chassis but very limited routes for bodywork.

Then again, if you do sell the bodywork separately, you might be left with a chassis that you can't shift. And the lack of roadworthiness (that is, no IVA) will limit your audience anyway.

snapper - 2/10/12 at 06:43 PM

If I buy another project I would look for chassis, wishbones and bodywork
Everything else can be made to fit.

phelpsa - 2/10/12 at 06:53 PM

As with anything, it depends how much you're willing to accept for it!

Tris - 2/10/12 at 08:01 PM

Appreciate the replies so far - although its current use is in a race car, there's nothing stopping someone from stamping in a VIN number and registering it as a road car (officially ofcause through the IVA process )

Here's a photo taken last year of the actual chassis - likes been said, the hardest part is coming up with a price !

SteveMX5 - 2/10/12 at 08:43 PM

If you did decide to split up I would be interested in the bodywork