Board logo

Procomp
peter030371 - 3/6/24 at 02:10 PM

Copied from Facebook RIP

This post is not the way that we would have liked to communicate this information. However, we want to let people know that our brother, Mathew Gilmour, owner of Procomp Motorsport passed away last Friday.

Please allow us time as we try to reach out to the people that knew him. We do not have access to Matt's or the business' Facebook or phone contacts at this time, so we are having to resort to this very public announcement.

JoelP - 3/6/24 at 06:54 PM

Rest in peace Matt. I was hoping to visit for a setup with new shocks soon.

MikeR - 3/6/24 at 09:27 PM

I spoke to him about shocks a couple of weeks ago. We talked about him doing some work in a few months time if it was needed.

What could have been a 5 minute conversation was 30 minutes with zero hard sell and lots of useful background information. Which is how I usually found conversations with him.

RIP

craig1410 - 4/6/24 at 08:56 AM

So sorry to hear this sad news.

Thank you Matt for everything you have done for our community. Rest in peace sir.

Mike Wood - 4/6/24 at 12:00 PM

Sad news, sorry to hear of the loss of Matt. Condolences to his family and friends. He was always such an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and helpful contributor to this forum.

I have seen tributes from the Westfield community too: https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/157448-procomp-motorsport/#comment-1623331

Mike

[Edited on 4/6/24 by Mike Wood]

[Edited on 4/6/24 by Mike Wood]

jacko - 4/6/24 at 04:43 PM

As all above has mentioned Matt was a very nice person I only met him twice but great to talk too.
Condolences to family and friends
RIP

Graham

mazie - 6/6/24 at 10:23 PM

My lord what a loss, such a lovely genuine guy, I've had only several conversation with him and they were always a pleasure. As previous you'd phone him for some work or advice and a ten minute would turn into at least X2 or X10 that! he always offered much advise and conversation. I'd like to send my condolences to his family, very sorry news..