Board logo

cad programs
mooselogic - 20/1/03 at 04:36 PM

1.. anyone know of any web sites with FREE down loadable programs.
or
2..could anyone copy their's onto a cd or email a copy.

don't want to fork out £150- £2500 for a program if i don't have to.

don't mind parting with a little cash but not stupid amounts of my build budget.

any help will be much appreciated..................... thankyou

chrisg - 20/1/03 at 09:18 PM

I use Turbocad LE mate,

It's free at:

http://www.turbocad.com

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 20/1/03 by chrisg]

Dick Axtell - 20/1/03 at 09:40 PM

Hi Chris,

Have you tried opening up any AutoCAD drgs in TurboCAD? I've been told that there is supposed to be compatibility. If there is, I have some interesting detail drgs.

Dick

chrisg - 20/1/03 at 10:24 PM

I've just been using it as a self contained package so far Dick, maybe you could send me a sample drawing and I'll try it.

Cheers

Chris

chris@gibbs111.fsnet.co.uk

[Edited on 20/1/03 by chrisg]

locodude - 20/1/03 at 11:25 PM

I use Turbocad 6.5 and it opens most cad files inc. autocad files usually with no problems. It was a freebie on a mag cover, all you had to do was register on the web.

Dick Axtell - 21/1/03 at 06:12 PM

Hi PTM,

Howya doin'? I've got AutoCAD r14, which was offered for free !!! Went back to college yesterday a.m., just to get a little more instruction (free so far). Their system uses A/CAD r2002. This has a few more "bells & whistles", which would be useful at professional level, but I can manage without for home/hobby purposes.

Much more importantly, had a dekko at their m/c shop & welding facilities. I may well sign up for a welding course.

Dick

Liam - 23/1/03 at 12:43 AM

I woke up this morning and found that my computer had 'accidentally' downloaded AutoCAD 2002 all by itself with a popular file sharing client that I must have 'accidentally' left opened overnight. Whoops!

I decided to write it to a CD and keep it for evaluation purposes only.

I wouldn't mind sending you a CD if you too are interested in evaluating the package. I also have the Learning Assistant CD although that is for 2000 (probably pretty much the same though).

Lia...er Anonymous Poster

Dick Axtell - 24/1/03 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
I've just been using it as a self contained package so far Dick, maybe you could send me a sample drawing and I'll try it.

Hi Chris,
Did you get the AutoCAD sample drawing I sent? And did it load into TurboCAD successfully?
It may be that drgs have to be transferred in DXF format.

[Edited on 24/1/03 by Dick Axtell]

chrisg - 24/1/03 at 11:00 PM

Hi Dick,

Sorry for the delay, I've been trying to open the pic, but no joy so far.

Whats the process for changing to DXF?

Cheers

Chris

mooselogic - 26/1/03 at 12:22 AM

Hi liam... I did look at autocad 2002 until i saw the price ( bloomin fortune£££££££) so if you could possibly send a copy it'd be great.(only for evaluation purposes naturally)
I've finally got my choice of engine, running gear, and overall look sorted in my head all i need to do is sit at the computer for a few hrs...(weeks more likely) and get it all planned.

i've e-mailed my address. much thanks

79 civic - 23/2/03 at 05:33 PM

i have the 2003 and the 2002i editions of autocad they are pretty much the same if anyone wants a copy i'll be glad to send one to you.