Board logo

agm wlr?
02GF74 - 11/1/07 at 02:18 PM

what's it like? any one got one of these? how much room is there for driver in the cokcpit (max height of dude be helpful),

that's all.

carlgeldard - 11/1/07 at 02:28 PM

Think MK Indy and you're nearly there as they share the same chassis.

Carl

02GF74 - 11/1/07 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carlgeldard
Think MK Indy and you're nearly there as they share the same chassis.

yes, indded your right, so anyone gonna tell ne about room in mk indy? (don;t wantto make antoehr post )

zxrlocost - 11/1/07 at 03:17 PM

loads of room

02GF74 - 11/1/07 at 03:25 PM

even for someone 6 ft 1in with long legs?

DarrenW - 11/1/07 at 03:53 PM

If arms are proportional to boby length (ie 1:1 or so) i guess seating position too would be an issue as either seat would have to be close that pedals would need to be just behind radiator, or wheel moved closer to body resulting in extensive search for suitable steering columns.

To combat seat height it could be placed on blocks but i fear a fail due to seat belt mounting position at SVA.

Thankfully im only disabled by an iron block

donut - 11/1/07 at 03:58 PM

If you have not been already, go to their website and watch the movie!

Awesome looking beast if you ask me!

02GF74 - 11/1/07 at 04:02 PM

thaks for replies so far;
found diag. of my current seating positiong that is fine for me (lacking a bit in width though most of all aroundd steering column and pedals).

ned - 11/1/07 at 04:07 PM

Shortie is 6'4" and fits his indy blade quite comfortably.

DIY Si - 11/1/07 at 06:43 PM

I'm 6'3" and weigh 15 stone so not overly skinny! I have my seat one or two notches forwards from fully back, and I have plenty of space in the foot well, as I have size 13 feet too.

The Great Fandango - 11/1/07 at 07:09 PM

I went to the AGM 'factory' a little while back... The WLR is a real beast! (especially as AGM's chosen power unit is now BMW).

What you can't appreciate by looking at the video or photos is just how darn huge the car is - acres of fibre glass. I doubt it would have fitted in my standard garage.

The cockpit is well designed and there's a tonne of room both width ways and for your legs. The pedal box AGM uses is adjustable and you could fit pretty much any seat of your choice.

Of course the big downside is that you need crampons and a rope to climb over the side of the vehicle! Getting in aint easy but who buys a car like that for ergonomics? The side of the car seemed sturdy enough to take my 14st frame when climbing in.

There were two for sale on Pistonheads recently which I was kicking myself about:

AGM WLR (Cossie Road Car)

and

AGM WLR (V8 Track Racer)

I was too late by 12 hours on the track car. The new owner wanted to sell it to me with another grand slapped on for his troubles! The old owner said it really needed the handling sorting out. Apart from that and some body crazing it was a blimin' give away. Wished I'd been quicker... Actually I'll re-phrase that! I wish some idiot hadn't mucked me round with the sale of my Westfield!

I've heard they handle poorly and need a lot of attention to be competitive. I expect that's why the blue one has a dirty great spoiler.

AGM are based in Barnsley and worth a visit.

[Edited on 11/1/07 by The Great Fandango]

DIY Si - 11/1/07 at 07:18 PM

I think the blue one has the spoiler because it looks a bit chavved. NO car like that should have such silly wheels for a start!

procomp - 11/1/07 at 08:30 PM

Hi the v8 race one turned up for 2-3 races and the driver was more than a little disapointed with the handeling and the response he had from the manufacturer so just put it up for sale after seeing what he was competing against.

Crazy Jay - 19/1/07 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi the v8 race one turned up for 2-3 races and the driver was more than a little disapointed with the handeling and the response he had from the manufacturer so just put it up for sale after seeing what he was competing against.

Just found this thread and I too am interested in the agm. Procomp, could the handling be dodgy due to a heavy V8?
I reckon an M3 motor would be the ticket.
Tho im sure it;ll never be as quick round a track as the sprint R

[Edited on 19/1/07 by Crazy Jay]