Board logo

sureterm insurance
roadrunner - 22/5/07 at 08:21 PM

Rang them today, to tell them of the change of engine, thinking i was going to have to pay a big difference to recover, when the fella said no charge, what a nice company, well recomended.
Also someone asked about VW service reminder, i've just tried the ,hold down the reset button for ten seconds while switching ign on, and it worked a treat.

cossiebri - 22/5/07 at 08:26 PM

Got mine with adrian flux,well cheap
Have you re-registered it yet as a 900cc for your cheap car tax??

JoelP - 22/5/07 at 08:33 PM

did you sort out your v5 bri? what proof did they ask for?

cossiebri - 22/5/07 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
did you sort out your v5 bri? what proof did they ask for?

Just needed a 'nice letter' from a reputable garage.Just happens there's one at the end of the road
sent it all off,got the new v5 a couple of weeks later(also done the change of colour at the same time)

cossiebri - 22/5/07 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

I got mine through sureterm too, an excellent service, and quite cheap too, mind you I am getting an old git now

How old???

roadrunner - 22/5/07 at 08:53 PM

quote:

Just needed a 'nice letter' from a reputable garage

Hi Bri, what was put in your letter, and did you get your electrical problem sorted.

[Edited on 22/5/07 by roadrunner]

cossiebri - 22/5/07 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
quote:

Just needed a 'nice letter' from a reputable garage

Hi Bri, what was put in your letter, and did you get your electrical problem sorted.

electrical prob same as yours, still a bit tempermental though
the letter just said new engine number, capacity, etc and got the garage owner to say he's looked at the engine and it is what i 'm saying-not what's on the logbook.taxed it last sat £63.25 for 6 month's (another good reason to go BEC )
still trying to copy you that disc,cannot seem to copy it onto blank dvd (got no cd's)will keep trying though

cossiebri - 22/5/07 at 09:05 PM

40 last December so i got fully comp with value to 10k, 3k miles all the usually free recovery etc etc all for £174.63 for a year which i thought was not bad.

I got almost the same deal,mine insured for 5k though (i'm 36 ish)

roadrunner - 22/5/07 at 09:27 PM

Thanks for that Bri.

roadrunner - 22/5/07 at 09:28 PM

By the way Bri, managed to get another cdi of ebay for £15, just as a back up.
Just want a gear indicator, to let me know which gear i'm in, cos i allways forget.

ricklawn - 22/5/07 at 09:49 PM

Sureterm.. Can't fault them. cheap kit insurance, and saved a small fortune insuring the wives nissan patrol with them as well. over £100 quid cheaper than norwich union

graememk - 22/5/07 at 10:00 PM

i'm 30 years old sureterm £160

locoR1 - 23/5/07 at 07:01 AM

I've always used Footman James until last year Sure term were way cheaper would recommend them to anyone.

This year got my renewal notice through even cheaper! great I thought just give them a ring tell them I've put a turbo on it! No quote wont insure it with a turbo on it!

Im now insured with Adrian Flux I'm 38 Fully comp with agreed value £179 for a turbo bec not bad considering I paid £156 last year.

Dave...............

Dillinger1977 - 23/5/07 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i'm 30 years old sureterm £160

hmm.. im 29 and mines twice that!!! sureterm too!