Board logo

Car Transporter Hire?
TimC - 8/2/08 at 08:28 AM

Has anyone ever heard of car transporters being available to hire?

I'd like to be able to ditch my current 'tow car' and run something economical day-to-day but I need another method of moving the MNR around the country.

will121 - 8/2/08 at 08:51 AM

yes you can but not that many people seem to bo it now, i recently hired a transit based transporter from Derek Fisk in Diss Norfolk 01379 644314 for £80/day inc 150miles, they done a larger vehicle to. seems best bet get the yellow pages out and phone around and ask.

bonzoronnie - 8/2/08 at 09:28 AM

I once spent several days looking to hire a car transporter in the Cornwall area.

All to no avail.

A local trailer manufacturer has two car trailers that he hires out though.

With the very high cost of vehicle recovery you would have thought that there would be a huge demand for, self drive recovery trucks.

I guess at the end of the day.
High maintanance costs & HSE red tape, makes it unecconomical to have this type of vehicle in the hire fleet.

Ronnie

trextr7monkey - 8/2/08 at 09:49 AM

We found a local guy who works at a body shop who was needing cash to feed his Cosworth habits. We hired the driver and a transporter for best part of 300 miles and and a days driving for justover £200, bythe time we had a car and a motorbike on board it worked out very nice and we got to look out of the windows all day

James - 8/2/08 at 10:41 AM

You're maybe a bit far but Dazza on this site does this kind of thing.

A mail or u2u to him wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
James

TimC - 8/2/08 at 10:44 AM

Thinking about it, it will hopefully be a one-off since t'other half is buying a golf diesel which should tow nicely!

rusty nuts - 8/2/08 at 07:36 PM

Willhire used to hire out car transporters but I think they went to the wall?