Board logo

Locost/Westfield
albertz - 16/6/08 at 07:28 PM

I would like to know whether the standard chassis Locost is more like a wide body or narrow body Westfield?

The reason i ask is that i am planning buying an exhaust from Westfield and they have told me that their exhaust is for a wide body Westfield.

Therefore i need to determine which of the two Westfields the standard Locost is most like.

Any help appreciated.

big_wasa - 16/6/08 at 07:32 PM

I tryed some SEi body work on my bookish chassis and it was 4" to wide.

twybrow - 16/6/08 at 07:33 PM

SE would be the same width(ish) as a standard Locost. The SEi would probably use Sierra running gear, so slightly wider.

DavidM - 16/6/08 at 07:53 PM

I've recently fitted a 2nd hand Westfield exhaust to my Xflow powered Standard book car. It fitted fine, my understanding is that the Locost chassis dimensions were based on the wide body Westfield.
Engine position may affect the fit though.

David Rescued attachment Exhaust Trial 3.JPG
Rescued attachment Exhaust Trial 3.JPG

andybod - 16/6/08 at 07:54 PM

think the rear end needs a bit of modification to make bodywork fit

albertz - 16/6/08 at 08:20 PM

Thanks for the replies but i am slightly confused! Have i understood correct?-

The SE is what Westfield call the "wide body"
The SEi is even wider than the SE?

mark chandler - 16/6/08 at 08:28 PM

Mine is book width, a westfield SE widebody screen is a perfect fit so the exhaust should be fine.

Andy D - 16/6/08 at 08:29 PM

SE is a narrow bodied live axle car

SEW Wide bodied live axle

SEi Narrow bodied independant rear suspension

SEiW Wide bodied independant resr suspention.

But recently they've dropped the "W" 'cos they're all wide bodies now.

Hope that helps..

chris_smith - 16/6/08 at 09:08 PM

sorry for the hijack, DavidM in the pic you have a down pipe trying to hide behind the rear wheel, will this fit 1300 gt xflow and if so is it available for pound notes of course
yours hopefully
chris

procomp - 17/6/08 at 07:24 AM

Hi i am you typed that ( Andy D ) i was thinking how to explain it now that they have dropped the W.

Don't for get though that the Westfield bodywork dose not sit hard up against the chassis. It has a 40 mm ish gap between the chassis and the fiberglass sides.

Cheers Matt

albertz - 17/6/08 at 08:56 AM

Is there any difference in terms of exhaust between the 1.8 & 2.0?

Its just that i have come across a 2nd hand 1.8 Zetec exhaust manifold for sale elsewhere.