Board logo

Donington video
Andy D - 20/7/08 at 03:19 PM

Had a good day at Donington last Friday, only one session marred by a bit of moisture..

There were loads of race teams using the day as a testday for the weekends 750 race meeting. It made for a lively day! Got a good chase going with a racy looking Exige, but no on board camera..

Anyway, the vid. Last session of the day, Pete (2.0 zetec) put my Toyo 888s on his car, camera pointing back towards me, (2.1pinto) still on slicks.

I think the phrase "ambition overtakes adhesion" applies! Boy 1 Dad 0

Team Pugwash at Donny

And a couple of pics...

Jubal - 20/7/08 at 05:13 PM

Nice vid ;o) All the way thru you looked better than the R888 car though. Higher cornering speeds and better under brakes. Interesting comparison, thanks for posting.

Andy D - 20/7/08 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
Nice vid ;o) All the way thru you looked better than the R888 car though. Higher cornering speeds and better under brakes. Interesting comparison, thanks for posting.

I'd like to think that too Derek, but I think you'll find when I close in on the camera car, it's because he's following a slower car. The slicks do brake better though.
Timing off the video, my best lap on slicks, was 1min 23, Pete did 1min 21 on the Toyos after I fell off. He had no completely clear laps when his car was on slicks to compare, but looking at the bits of footage it was obviously quicker. (Perhaps he's a better driver, nooooo!! )

chris_smith - 20/7/08 at 09:35 PM

looks like a really good day out, pure inspiration to get completed, if only i could get the bathroom finished !!!

thanks
chris

procomp - 21/7/08 at 08:36 AM

Hi " when he was following a slower car "

Was that me in the BIO locost. Spent most of the day running the engine in and waving cars past.

Was a good day. No idiots on track Untill the evening session that is when the saxos and novas turned up. quite amusing really listening to a kid tell his mates how his carbon bonnet will make him 5 secs a lap quicker.

Cheers Matt

PAUL FISHER - 21/7/08 at 10:04 AM

Good times again Andy,at 1minute 21 on R888's,your pete should get himself into the racing if he does not do already, looking at the 750mc kitcar class lap times and results from the weekend

Andy D - 21/7/08 at 10:17 AM

quote:

Was a good day. No idiots on track Untill the evening session that is when the saxos and novas turned up. quite amusing really listening to a kid tell his mates how his carbon bonnet will make him 5 secs a lap quicker.

Everyone knows a carbon bonnet is worth much more than 5 secs a lap!

Thanks again for the oil advice Matt, plus all the other set up info for the black car.

Paul, Pete is thinking of having a go at racing, but not in a westy. Think he'd go for the Locosts if the championship wasn't so southern based. The other problem being a little thing called finance of course!

procomp - 21/7/08 at 03:47 PM

Hi was the outcome of the oil a better result. Hope he has sorted the problem. I know what it feels like trying to watch the gauges whilst trying to push on.

Cheers Matt

Andy D - 21/7/08 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi was the outcome of the oil a better result. Hope he has sorted the problem. I know what it feels like trying to watch the gauges whilst trying to push on.

Cheers Matt

Matt,

The oil worked fantastic, still getting a little surge but doesn't dip that much. Thanks very very very much for the tip, I was all ready to go and buy a new sump, you may have saved my wallet from a lot heart ache!

I'll have some footage of your car somewhere, I'll stick it up at some point. It was going well, I think I was only marginally quicker but with more power and slicks!

Pete (On Andy's Account)