Board logo

wow! brilliant driving skills
macspeedy - 13/11/08 at 02:22 PM

swweeeeeeeeet scooby driftin action

Benzine - 13/11/08 at 02:31 PM

He's good. With my help he could be the best.

BenB - 13/11/08 at 02:31 PM

Ah- what a wimp. He lifted

honestly

speedyxjs - 13/11/08 at 02:35 PM

Wow
Judging by the number of tyre marks on the road, i think he has had a bit of practice

tomgregory2000 - 13/11/08 at 02:37 PM

that makes me want to take up smoking

mr henderson - 13/11/08 at 02:39 PM

I got bored halfway through, was the rest the same? and did the editing improve?

John

Mr Whippy - 13/11/08 at 02:42 PM

yeah traction control is handly like

chrisg - 13/11/08 at 02:48 PM

Ooooo, I don't know quite how to say this.....

Don't you think that drifting is a tad.........pointless?

Yes he's spanking that chav Lamborghini and yes he destroying the tyres but, well, so what?

What is the point?

I don't like "sports" that involve judging performance. To me it's figure skating with skidmarks.

Cheers

Chris

nick205 - 13/11/08 at 02:48 PM

Good - he obviously paid attention during my tutoring sessions

Ivan - 13/11/08 at 02:52 PM

Wish I had his tyre budget

DarrenW - 13/11/08 at 02:55 PM

I liked how they moved the camera from low down half way through - does that mean this is the result of editting more than one run. Awesome driving all the same.

Did he mean to twat the back end on the big circular wall or was that part of the test (im not being pedantic - just wondering).

I think my wife can drive like that!!

Guinness - 13/11/08 at 03:16 PM

He wants to get some decent tyres on that thing, drop the pressures a bit and he'd be able to get round loads quicker!

Thinking some R888's and a tiny bit less throttle might help!

Mike

skydivepaul - 13/11/08 at 03:19 PM

I bet he doesnt have to pay for his own tyres and bodywork

he learnt well

omega0684 - 13/11/08 at 03:41 PM

that is frickin AWESOME

mr henderson - 13/11/08 at 03:58 PM

I wonder who videeos like that are aimed at. It can't be at real enthusiasts because for them all you need to do is to let them watch the whole action. You don't need to be editing every couple of seconds and including 'interesting' multi-level shots and all other kinds of bollocks techniques that would be more appropriate to a pop video.

In conclusion, the video is made for the pre-teens

PAUL FISHER - 13/11/08 at 05:02 PM

Very nice bit of driving,I think its a form of motorsport that is often under estimated and level of skill you require to be at the top level,this guy in the link below is my favorite,just a 1600 4age engine,in a ae86 toyota corrola.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKB3gSsg_M

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

bob tatt - 13/11/08 at 05:24 PM

my wife who enjoys coming out in the car with me but other wise has no interest in motorsport, loves drifting took her to auto sport last year and there was some jap lads there and she was hooked had to take her to donnington to watch it live amazing skills. they have started doing drift days as well i know they do them at oulton seriously tempted. all though im not sure my skills are upto drifting a busa indy yet good spot.

RK - 13/11/08 at 05:41 PM

It appeals to the video game generation. I don't get it either, but I'm old and therefore not supposed to. If I did, they would have to move on to something else.

dubstar_04 - 13/11/08 at 05:46 PM

Bonkers absolutely bonkers!!

chrisg - 13/11/08 at 05:50 PM

If you wanted to see how slowly you could get round a corner, wouldn't it be cheaper to push it?

I really don't get it.

Cheers

Chris

matt.c - 13/11/08 at 10:24 PM

Well sod everyone else! I love drifting.

Been to see some of the D1 drifters in action and am well impressed.

Going round a corner, north of a ton, big angle, big smoke and the sound of a fecking great turbo spooling up.

Japs are the best at it. YOUTUBE LINKY

Alan B - 13/11/08 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg

Yes he's spanking that chav Lamborghini and yes he destroying the tyres but, well, so what?

What is the point?

I don't like "sports" that involve judging performance. To me it's figure skating with skidmarks.

Cheers

Chris

Chris...I could not agree more...if you need a judge to say who's won it's contest NOT a sport...for me in a sport you can see who's won not have to be told........Hmmm so where does that put F1?

MikeRJ - 13/11/08 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg

Utterly pointless. It doesn't deserve to be called a motorsport.

However, this wasn't drifting in the pointless Japanese sense, it was more like a (big) autocross.

pif - 14/11/08 at 12:10 AM

seen him on wrc events, new zealand i think and he wasnt great although comes with relativley good credentials

Ken Block has only been driving rally cars for a short amount of time, but his list of accomplishments read like that of a seasoned pro. In 2005, Block's first year of rallying, he was aptly named Rally America's Rookie of the Year. As his career continued, Block's speed and skill behind the wheel became apparent and he was signed by Subaru Rally Team USA in 2006. From there he went on to take Bronze at X Games 12 in Los Angeles, and 2nd overall in the 2006 Rally America National Championship. In 2007 he had another strong year, winning the Silver Medal at the X Games 13 Rally and finishing 3rd Overall in the Rally America National Championship. In just over three years Block has amassed 19 podiums and 8 overall victories.

seemed to remember he crashed out of wrc though.

video is impressive, that is not an everyday skill.

i think he is in wrc gb??

DarrenW - 14/11/08 at 09:50 AM

Regardless of how the vid has been put together that is undoubtedly a lot of skill on display.

The vid says it is gymkhana practice. Isnt that something McCrae was famous for at shows too. Not a bad way to learn car control for the rally stages id say - after all arent most rallies conducted under drift conditions?

Wadders - 14/11/08 at 10:04 AM

Hats off to the lad, getting paid to dick around in a fast car, whilst learning superb car control.
Whats not to like?

Al.