Board logo

im getting well PI**S*ed off
omega0684 - 18/12/08 at 10:08 AM

just a quick one,

when i type in my google search and press enter it comes up with a list of websites as usual. but then when i click on the one i want to go to it takes me to these frickin spam sites,one is

(www.blinkx.com) the other is (www.myshovel.com)

its really starting to F**K me off when you try and click to get off the sites it takes you to more spam sites!

how do i stop this, can i block the sites in my browser some how?

cd.thomson - 18/12/08 at 10:11 AM

Are these sites legitimate ones that you've used before, and now they're linking you to spam?

If so it sounds like your browser has been hijacked.

tegwin - 18/12/08 at 10:12 AM

Its a virusy/buggy type thing....

Delete your browser history/cookies/session data etc and then reboot your machine....

Should solve the issue!

BenB - 18/12/08 at 10:23 AM

Broswer hijack.....

Try deleting the cache, running S+D Search and Destroy and maybe an online scan too.....

I wouldn't do any online banking until it's sorted!!!

dan_g8 - 18/12/08 at 10:25 AM

We had this at my old work, try to refresh the cashe memory by pressing ctrl + f5 when you get redirected. Not sure of a fix, we were told that it was a problem with out ISP.

hope this helps Dan

dan_g8 - 18/12/08 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dan_g8
We had this at my old work, try to refresh the cashe memory by pressing ctrl + f5 when you get redirected. Not sure of a fix, we were told that it was a problem with our ISP.

hope this helps Dan

cd.thomson - 18/12/08 at 10:32 AM

quote:
quote:
We had this at my old work, try to refresh the cashe memory by pressing ctrl + f5 when you get redirected. Not sure of a fix, we were told that it was a problem with our ISP.

hope this helps Dan

well quoted dan!

click start > run > cmd

then type

ipconfig /flushdns

after this download spybot search + destroy or Adaware and run it. It operates much like an antivirus and should sort any other problems automatically.

dan_g8 - 18/12/08 at 10:38 AM

lol, not sure how i managed to quote my self...... its like magic!

coozer - 18/12/08 at 11:16 AM

DO not use IE7, change your browser to Mozilla or Chrome....

jambojeef - 18/12/08 at 11:54 AM

I wonder if you've got tinyproxy.exe

Ctrl/ALt/Delete and look at running progs - if the above program is in there thats the source of your worries.

Spybot or adaware are the faves for getting rid but I had a hard time getting rid of tinyproxy....

Geoff

joneh - 18/12/08 at 03:47 PM

Browser Hijack. You need to run adaware and remove the offending spyware!

Liam - 18/12/08 at 05:14 PM

As above - Spybot or similar.

If that fails it's time to roll out Combofix.

liam

martyn_16v - 18/12/08 at 05:45 PM

It's possessed, call a priest.

It's a long shot, but place it on the floor facing east, lay a ring of salt on the floor around it, and splash 2cc of mouse blood on the keyboard. Don your ceremonial robes, and dance around it all in an anti-clockwise direction whilst reciting the lord's prayer backwards.