Board logo

battery powered impact wrench
mkblade - 28/12/08 at 10:31 PM

hi all
im looking for a impact wrench battery powered has any one got one ??

im after something powerfull that is around 100 pound

i found this one on ebay 400015553523
not sure how to do the linky thing.

any advise would be great
simon

carpmart - 28/12/08 at 10:35 PM

That looks from a style/casing/shape to be identical to my Sealy 24v one.

I have used the Sealy on all the 2008 race season and its performed very well indeed. Plenty of torque but this does drop off when the battery is 50% used.

I personally would spend the extra 30 quid and get a Sealy one.

HTH?

wrigglypig - 28/12/08 at 10:53 PM

b&q had one in the other week cant remember the details of it but it was powerful

liam.mccaffrey - 28/12/08 at 11:23 PM

i got a dewalt 18v one in america and its the mutts marbles

bob tatt - 29/12/08 at 07:09 AM

ive got the seally one as well very good and strong get one of those proper job

britishtrident - 29/12/08 at 09:50 AM

I bought a MacAllister 14.4V Cordless 1/2" drive Impact Wrench/Driverfrom B&Q model COD144VID --- so far as been excellent --- small enough to get into awkward places & battery charge lasts a long time --- but a 2nd battery pack is supplied in the case
It won't however cope with wheel nuts for that I use one of those ones that run off the car battery.
Cost was about 70 pounds

dinosaurjuice - 29/12/08 at 09:53 AM

i got one from screwfix made by a german company called sparky. very impressed with it.

linky

HTH

Will

ashg - 29/12/08 at 12:31 PM

i have got a bosch gds18 it will do pretty much everything. managed to get the subframe bolts etc out the sierra couldnt do the rear hub nuts though. my mates £500 dewalt 400nm jobie did them though

its the age old case of you get what you pay for. i paid £260 for the bosch which come with a set of impact sockets two batterys and a 30min charger. all i can say is that im very happy with it.

mkblade - 31/12/08 at 05:53 PM

thanks for the replys
what sort of torque spec one should i get at least 300 lb/ft

thanks
simon

britishtrident - 1/1/09 at 12:23 PM

Don't buy on torque as the main criteria-- long power bars are better for dealing with really tight nuts -- Choose one that is small enough to get into awkward places -- look for short body.

I recently had to change the rear engine mount on a Rover 45, no way would I have got in with spanners or a ratchet but my impact gun got in without trouble and saved about 3 hours fiddling.

Also remember you will use it for tightening bolts -- anything from 8mm up for which you need good control of the torque.

scotlad - 1/1/09 at 01:46 PM

I'll second the Sparky one- Have used one at work for a year and was so impressed i bought another for myself for use on the car. Its quite small and manouverable for getting in tight places and comes with 2 batteries.