Board logo

Trailer Hire In Essex
grusks2 - 16/2/09 at 08:51 PM

Anyone know of a decent trailer hire place in essex / east london, need one for sva/dvla and track days in furture..?

Meeerrrk - 16/2/09 at 09:28 PM

im not local to you, but i was going to rent trailers for track days etc, works out about £35-50 day including insurance, fuel to pick it up and drop it off etc.
so i started looking on ebay. got myself a basic but brill small trailer (fits in garage with car on it) for £252 this weekend. it would only take 4 or 5 rentals for this to have paid for its self (looking to do at least that many track days this year)
so sorry i cant help with your request, but its worth thinking about.

ashg - 16/2/09 at 11:36 PM

trident trailers just over the bridge. they will loan you something to pull it if your car isnt up to the job.

zetec - 17/2/09 at 07:51 AM

http://www.customtrailers.co.uk/hire_general_purpose_trailer.htm

At Harlow, they had 3-4 trailers when I used them last.

grusks2 - 18/2/09 at 06:05 PM

Have thought about buying one myself but cant get one in the garage, her indoors is all ready moaning about the garden chairs/table that no longwer goes in the garage as there is no room ( garage is for cars, get a shed i keep telling her )

Im right at the bottom of essex ( by lakeside ) harlow is a bit far, takes me 45mins most morning in the traffic, trident is a bit far aswell in maidstone,

but maybe finding one on my doorstep is a bit to optimistic

A few places have popped up on yell & google, in essex as well

Cheers for the replies though

[Edited on 18/2/09 by grusks2]

Steve P - 18/2/09 at 07:24 PM

The last post here might help. Hanningfield aint that bad for you surely

http://track-days.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=418208&nmt=Trailer%20hire%20anyone?

[Edited on 18/2/09 by Steve P]

dean100yz - 18/2/09 at 11:49 PM

I know of one ive used quite a few times in Hockley, Essex if that helps? Think its about £35 for the day (taking it night before)