Board logo

woops
hellbent345 - 30/5/09 at 09:41 PM

was driving the ole tintop today, and went down a bit of dirt track (its not a road its kind of private land that one is allowed to drive through)
anyway, i thought, here some fun, ill just pull on the old handbrake here... waheeeyyy OH SHIT! got it nicely sideways on the gravel and was holding it nicely but then there was this fence post...
My car now has a rather nice fold line in the abs plastic bumper lol live and learn

[Edited on 30/5/09 by hellbent345]

blakep82 - 30/5/09 at 09:43 PM

oops!

get a photo up!

BenB - 30/5/09 at 09:44 PM

Wot no pictures?

nick205 - 30/5/09 at 09:45 PM

sounds like a flesh wound

amazing how quick things happen once you get out of shape and enter that "passenger with a steering wheel in your hands" scenario

MakeEverything - 30/5/09 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hellbent345
was driving the ole tintop today, and went down a bit of dirt track (its not a road its kind of private land that one is allowed to drive through)
anyway, i thought, here some fun, ill just pull on the old handbrake here... waheeeyyy OH SHIT! got it nicely sideways on the gravel and was holding it nicely but then there was this fence post...
My car now has a rather nice fold line in the abs plastic bumper lol live and learn

Still, At least the car now matches your login name on here...

hellbent345 - 30/5/09 at 09:46 PM

you take too much pleasure in misfortune!! ill post up a pic tomoz if i remember - and i will when i see the damage again
wat a fule

ReMan - 30/5/09 at 09:53 PM

might have been better to keep this one to yourself

hellbent345 - 30/5/09 at 09:59 PM

haha na, as was said, tis but a flesh wound! and a lesson learned! and i do like to let others know about my lessons learned lol

Simon - 31/5/09 at 12:04 AM

Many years ago (like 25+), I was going into town and thought a handbrake induced drift onto next road (at T- junction) would be a laugh. Pulled up handbrake and did perfect 180 turn (spin?) and ended up at junction facing way I'd just come

Tried doing handbrake turns in alfasud, only to find handbrake worked on front wheels

ATB

Simon

rusty nuts - 31/5/09 at 08:18 AM

You may get the crease out using a hot air gun and a lever from behind? Wide open spaces are often the best place to practise hand brake turns!

chrisg - 31/5/09 at 11:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Many years ago (like 25+), I was going into town and thought a handbrake induced drift onto next road (at T- junction) would be a laugh. Pulled up handbrake and did perfect 180 turn (spin?) and ended up at junction facing way I'd just come

Tried doing handbrake turns in alfasud, only to find handbrake worked on front wheels
ATB

Simon

I did the same in a citroen BX!

It just ploughed straight on, didn't hit anything though

ReMan - 31/5/09 at 11:38 AM

I went off a rather lumpy undulating country road into and accross a ploughed field in a Citroen BX whilst leaerning why Citroen never campaigned them or their suspension in rallying

But fortunatly raining to the high position allowed me to drive out again with no external assistance, just a lot of mud underneath