Board logo

pissed off
imp paul - 7/7/09 at 02:13 PM

well i had some parts made some time ago by a firm who took the wee and feel very unhappy with what i paid for as any 1 can see its a bag of s*** robbed again now going to get it done again by a pal alloy raceing fabs who will do a propper job

] Description
Description

[Edited on 7/7/09 by imp paul]

blakep82 - 7/7/09 at 02:15 PM

wtf is that?! thats a terrible job. ok, i'm sure it does what its supposed to, but it doesn't look pretty at all

imp paul - 7/7/09 at 02:17 PM

] Description
Description

imp paul - 7/7/09 at 02:19 PM

] Description
Description

blakep82 - 7/7/09 at 02:20 PM

who made that then?

imp paul - 7/7/09 at 02:24 PM

well i would like to hope you mite know who made it and had my car 3 fu***** months and scratched it also and things just dont fit

MK9R - 7/7/09 at 02:26 PM

THAT IS ONE HORRIBLE PIECE OF SHITE!

imp paul - 7/7/09 at 02:27 PM

just a waste of time and money and people who lie to you and let you down but i will get it fixed and show you when i do

cd.thomson - 7/7/09 at 02:31 PM

is this for a sevenesque car imp paul? what manufacturer?

omega0684 - 7/7/09 at 02:32 PM

was it delivered to you like that, i would have refused it or taken it back! ring them up and arrange for them to refund your money!

balidey - 7/7/09 at 02:36 PM

Looks fine....... for a door stop, but thats about all.

Mr Whippy - 7/7/09 at 02:36 PM

Gods that’s just rubbish, I can see why your pi$$ed, I would be too.

Most of those weld are totally unnecessary to form that shape. Don't the own a bending machine??!

[Edited on 7/7/09 by Mr Whippy]

maximill666 - 7/7/09 at 02:37 PM

Paul, I didnt realise it was that bad when you told me about it, but the photo's confirm it.

I wouldnt be happy with that kind of work even if it was made for free, I think I would be naming & shaming on here, just to prevent anyone else from being ripped off.

Mr Whippy - 7/7/09 at 02:40 PM

NAME & SHAME!

kj - 7/7/09 at 02:42 PM

What the fook
Would it not t-cut out? (only joking) that is bad.

tegwin - 7/7/09 at 02:45 PM

Thats terrible...... what were they thinking?... that perhaps you might not notice

imp paul - 7/7/09 at 02:46 PM

yep its very very poor and yep i have been ripped off again i did think you lads would know who made it i also have got to take the exhaust manifold to get it done right as this also does not fit right so all i can say people be very careful who you take your stuff to

MK9R - 7/7/09 at 02:47 PM

come on, who is it

pgtips - 7/7/09 at 02:49 PM

Feck me sir.
Now that'a a VERY bad workmansip.

Def name & shame dude. I would hate someones else from here OR not from here have the same poor job done to them.
Send it back.

nick205 - 7/7/09 at 02:51 PM

Presumably you must have paid up front?

I can't see that you would have paid afterwards.

Hector.Brocklebank - 7/7/09 at 02:52 PM

I will say who it is as I have seen pics of imp paul's car advertising the manufacturers "excellent work" on his site.

That pile of doo poo was lobbed together
BY M.B.CUSTOMS

I would avoid them like holiday maker sneezing coming back from Mexico.

[Edited on 7/7/09 by Hector.Brocklebank]

MK9R - 7/7/09 at 02:55 PM

surprisingly its not pictured on their website, LOL!

02GF74 - 7/7/09 at 03:02 PM

Equal opportunities employer employing blind people?

Or maybe made on the day when the one and only ruler with a straight edge was misplaced?

's not good is it.

pgtips - 7/7/09 at 03:06 PM

I am not suprised really.

Meet the staff.

cadebytiger - 7/7/09 at 03:07 PM

Feel so bad for people who get caught out by these kind of charlatans!

Is there any way of setting up a section of the forum as a beware of ---------- manufacturer?

Equally a list of recommended places would be handy!!

probably quite a lot of work for someone? I don't know

BenB - 7/7/09 at 03:14 PM

Wow- that's quite scabby!

imp paul - 7/7/09 at 03:14 PM

well its a shame as i did trust him at first and he told me it would take 3 weeks but took 3 months i paid him a cash sum up front to show good will and got my car back with paint damage and very pissed off so looks like im off to see a good firm in hull say no more

pewe - 7/7/09 at 03:30 PM

IMHO that is "not fit for purpose" and you should demand a full refund including the cost of returning it.
Traders are legally just not allowed to supply cr*p of that sort. Even to an untrained eye you can see that it won't work.
You should send a recorded delivery letter demanding a full refund and say that you will be seeking recompense through the Small Claims Court and Trading Standards if he doesn't cough up with the cash within 7 days. Failing that use those two to secure your monies.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe

speedyxjs - 7/7/09 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pgtips

Meet the staff.

DRC INDY 7 - 7/7/09 at 04:57 PM

take them to the small claims court screw em

mangogrooveworkshop - 7/7/09 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:

Meet the staff.

Hellfire - 7/7/09 at 05:56 PM

Have you discussed these issues direct with MB Customs? Personally I've had no experience of them but know that a few members of this forum rate MB Customs work quite highly.......

Phil

rusty nuts - 7/7/09 at 07:13 PM

Wow, the worlds only welding Rottie! No wonder your pissed off.

Fozzie - 7/7/09 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Have you discussed these issues direct with MB Customs? Personally I've had no experience of them but know that a few members of this forum rate MB Customs work quite highly.......

Phil

My thoughts too....

I seem to remember a big broohaha concerning MB Customs/a few forum members/ChrisW and myself early last year........

Fozzie

Moorron - 7/7/09 at 09:00 PM

mmm my diy job was better than that and mine stank. Atleast my inlet tubes were even and lined up

I wouldnt trust it not leaking too.

Shame when this happens.

scootz - 7/7/09 at 09:50 PM

That is bloody awful... I reckon I could have done better myself (and I'm TOTALLY sh*t at welding!).

I would recommend Altiss Engineering - a bit pricey, but you will see where your money was spent! First class products!

Just got my Audi RS4 manifolds back from them. Dunno whether to fit them on the engine, or sit them on the mantlepiece!

Will take some snaps when I get out of Hospital!

JoelP - 7/7/09 at 10:44 PM

bugger me. Im sorry paul but thats so bad i LOL'd when i saw it, feel sorry you've been stung though. That is one EPIC fail by whichever bungling idiot made it.

MikeRJ - 7/7/09 at 11:02 PM

Odd that they haven't put any pictures of that modern art sculpture in their gallery...

omega 24 v6 - 7/7/09 at 11:08 PM

quote:

know that a few members of this forum rate MB Customs work quite highly.......

Wow their eyes must be painted on if they'd accept work like that.
I feel sorry for you Paul especially as your car was also damaged.

Fozzie - 7/7/09 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

know that a few members of this forum rate MB Customs work quite highly.......

Wow their eyes must be painted on if they'd accept work like that......

That (forum wise) was back in early 2008....can't say I have heard much since then......hang on I will search for that thread......

Ah...here it is.....

Linky thing

However that was 15 months ago.......and I still say that I think Imp Paul should contact MB Customs and ask for an explanation....

Fozzie

NS Dev - 8/7/09 at 06:46 AM

Will second altiss engineering.

They are just down the road from me as well which is useful!

As a balanced view......that manifold looks tricky to make....BUT...they made it trickier than necessary....AND....they welded too much in one go...AND....they should have turned the job away to begin with, as they must have known they would struggle

welderman - 8/7/09 at 06:56 AM

Ive seen the pictures and yes they are bad, but MB did the work on my car and i was very happy wwith the work done, I think Paul needs to speak to Malc about this matter.
Some of the work on the DAX cars he now does is a work of art.
Ring Malc, Paul

Joe

woodster - 8/7/09 at 09:32 AM

quote:

Meet the staff.

DOG ROUGH