Board logo

skoda fabia warning light
m8kwr - 14/10/09 at 08:34 PM

Does anyone have a skoda fabia user manual, this is a 52 plate

My girlfriend says that a warning light comes on now and again, and i can not get it to come on.

It is the one far left, looks like a steering wheel with an exclamation mark next to it (in yellow)

I have tried searching for it with no joy.

omega0684 - 14/10/09 at 08:39 PM

best place to ask is the briskoda forum

http://briskoda.net/forums/

the boys on there no everything about skodas

hth's

nitram38 - 14/10/09 at 08:39 PM

It means: "warning, you own a skoda"

m8kwr - 14/10/09 at 08:48 PM

very true - just glad it is not mine..... i'd rather walk (but the newer ones are probably better quality!!!!!)

i will try that website, thanks.

morcus - 14/10/09 at 08:49 PM

I would guess its a power steering light as to my knowledge you shouldn't have any other warning lights relating to steering. Has she had any problems with the steering getting heavy?

segan2b - 14/10/09 at 08:50 PM

Power steering warning light, the Fabia can suffer from electrical faults in the power steering system that intermittently causes the steering to stiffen up. Get the steering sensor checked/replaced.

austin man - 14/10/09 at 10:06 PM

get on ebay and buy the OBD2 cable with free software plug it into your laptop and have a look see at the error code, also allows u to reset fault codes. I have an intemittent fault on my Golf £50 at the dealers to reset I paid £12 from the bay of e saves me a frikkin fortune

Miketheconn - 14/10/09 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segan2b
Power steering warning light, the Fabia can suffer from electrical faults in the power steering system that intermittently causes the steering to stiffen up. Get the steering sensor checked/replaced.

Spot on, my wifes had exactly the same error. I tried changing the steering angle sensor but the error remained, ended up changing the pump.

Oh and as Omega said the briskoda forum is realy good for everything Skoda.

I still have a brand new steering angle sensor if you want to make me an offer(was only fitted for a whopping 10 mins, but the parts company wouldn't take it back).

Miketheconn - 14/10/09 at 10:18 PM

Doing myself out of a sale but here goes.

A chap is selling these on a popular online auction site

Linky thingy