Board logo

Hi
JeffJeffers - 21/2/10 at 10:27 PM

Just thought I would say hello.
Im a new user to the forum.
I am looking at building a kit car and I think I have decided on the MK Indy. Porbably the Indy R.
I have already stripped my Sierra and reconditioned a lot of the parts. Now its just a case of saving my pennies.

scootz - 21/2/10 at 10:28 PM

Hello!

Have fun!

RichardK - 21/2/10 at 10:29 PM

Welcome to the mad house. Good choice of car mate, if you most stuff stripped , should be on the road for the summer eh?

Don't forget the search button on here as most things have already been asked already, mostly by me

Take care and enjoy the build...

Cheers

Rich

matt.c - 21/2/10 at 10:30 PM

you live in the flat lands?? Get a BEC. They dont like hills so you should be ok.

[Edited on 21/2/10 by matt.c]

austin man - 21/2/10 at 10:35 PM

welcome. the Indy is a good choice forget the BEC setup too noisy and they drink Juice

marcjagman - 21/2/10 at 10:46 PM

Here's a quick tip for you. Any problems ask here first before you try if your not sure, excellent place for info.

skodaman - 21/2/10 at 10:46 PM

"you live in the flat lands?? Get a BEC. They dont like hills so you should be ok."

Easier to push them home after the inevitable 12,000rpm blow up as well.

ReMan - 21/2/10 at 10:50 PM

Congrats on the shortest first post title ever!
Welcome to the MK club
Ignore the anti BECists

MakeEverything - 21/2/10 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Here's a quick tip for you. Any problems ask here first before you try if your not sure, excellent place for info.

Even if it is "Now which hand do i scratch my arse with?" kind of off topic. Lots of different professions and skills here which can help you get in the right direction to find your answer.

MakeEverything - 21/2/10 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

Ignore the anti BECists

Except when you want a push backwards out of your parking space at stoneleigh!!

madteg - 21/2/10 at 10:58 PM

WELCOME.

NigeEss - 21/2/10 at 11:43 PM

Owdoo

omega0684 - 22/2/10 at 06:24 AM

welcome to the nut house, there are lots of interesting & knowledgable people on the forum,

use their knowledge it will save you no end of times!

All the best

russbost - 22/2/10 at 12:25 PM

"there are lots of interesting & knowledgable people on the forum"
Yes, & ME! I can teach you how to be very careful with a holesaw!
Welcome, take care & as said never be scared of asking Q's.
BTW you're looking at building a car with the engine at the wrong end!

jabbahutt - 22/2/10 at 01:19 PM

Welcome, this is without doubt the best source of information and help. I can honestly say I'd not of finished my car yet without the help I've received here.

Good choice of car, enjoy the build

lewis - 22/2/10 at 06:01 PM

Hello I'm at the same stage as you mate infact my donor shell was picked this savo all my parts are painted and ready to go and got a zetec just sitting there ready to go just need the readys to buy the bloody kit :-)