Board logo

oven repair
richwill - 29/7/10 at 03:16 PM

The main oven on my built in double oven cooker packed up last night. The oven does not heat up but the top oven and the grill still work correctly.
Is this a fixable thing or do i need to spend the money i have saved for new seats on a new oven instead.

bracey - 29/7/10 at 03:22 PM

had same problem last week ...put new element in from elementman and cured it hth richard

jase380 - 29/7/10 at 03:24 PM

probably be the element thats fooked, changed one on mine a while ago, cost about 40 quid and took 2hrs to do.

40inches - 29/7/10 at 03:32 PM

Does the oven fan run, and does the stat light come on? if yes then most likely the element, if no, check that the timer is on manual and not on auto.
You can get element from here
On 90% of ovens you can replace the element from the front, with the oven still in the cavity
I replace 3-4 a week, by the way, It's me job
Average time,30mins start to finish.

A how to do it video here

[Edited on 29-7-10 by 40inches]

richwill - 29/7/10 at 03:40 PM

Thanks guys i will check the model number and get my tools out i should be able to get an element locally.

Dangle_kt - 29/7/10 at 03:48 PM

I did mine about a month ago - I had to take the whole oven out cos it was rear mounted - its still pretty simple, if a bit awkward!

Cost me £14. A bit better than a new oven!

Moorron - 29/7/10 at 06:43 PM

Well would u know that my oven is up the spout too, its a Tecnik TKc241 electric and is overcooking everything. You can feel the thermostat click in and out but somethings not right, being a double element (top and bottom) oven would it cause it to quickly burn stuff if one of the elements have gone?

pot noddles for the win

Stuart_B - 29/7/10 at 07:07 PM

my mum oven had the same problem a few months ago, it was the element had gone, it has rear mounted, cost a tenner to get the element only a few minutes to fit.

nice a simply fix.

stuart

Liam - 29/7/10 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I replace 3-4 a week. Average time, 30mins start to finish. By the way, It's me job

WOW! must pay well - you dont seem to have to work a lot. Think I'm in the wrong profession

40inches - 29/7/10 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I replace 3-4 a week. Average time, 30mins start to finish. By the way, It's me job

WOW! must pay well - you don't seem to have to work a lot. Think I'm in the wrong profession

£35 flat rate labour charge,no call out fee ,free estimate.
Most manufactures call out is around £100.
You pay for expertise and the ability to diagnose the fault in the first place,and of course, I have to get there, and don't get paid when off sick or on holiday