Board logo

Fireworks 2010
55ant - 6/9/10 at 01:48 PM

Hi all, looking back at last years posts its fairly apparent that we all seem to enjoy fireworks,

As was the case last year its SWMBO birthday and were doing a haloween/fireworks party thingy, so im planning ahead.

Im going to give these electronic ignitor jobbies ago unless i get bad reviews, last year we had loads of fireworks and it took aaaaaages to light them all, so im hoping to launch a bunch (maybe 20-30) in a couple of minutes so its a nice little display but doesnt take ages.

can anyone recomend an electronic ignitor set, seem to be about £20-£30 mark. cant import old style fuse

cheers for any tips!

Ant.

[Edited on 6/9/10 by 55ant]

David Jenkins - 6/9/10 at 01:56 PM

I went to a 4th July celebration at my local pub this year (one of the regulars is american). She'd bought just 4 fireworks - each was a 'block' where you light one fuse and stand back to watch the show.

I must say that they were fabulous - the whole sky above us was full of all sorts of air-bursts and mortars with scarcely a break between each one. Absolutely great, and not too stupid a price either (I think she paid less than £100 for all four).

You do need a bit of space though - might be too much for a small back garden!

[Edited on 6/9/10 by David Jenkins]

02GF74 - 6/9/10 at 02:27 PM

locost igniter = 2 wires, 1 cm cube of wire wool (brillo pad) and 9 v pp3 battery.

if you want sophistocation and have it computer controlled, build demultiplexer for a paraller printer cable.

adithorp - 6/9/10 at 02:53 PM

can't be doing with them personally. Well the DIY ones anyway. The big displays are OK but I grew out of the facination for backgarden fireworks a long time ago.

adrian