Board logo

Flipping, flipping , flip
bigpig - 8/1/11 at 02:13 PM

Got back from holiday, to find that my motorcycle was nicked. It was then recovered the day after, but as I had it on SORN it wasn't insured (as it was a non runner), they wanted £150 to release it as the insurance would normally pay that.

End result was I had a look at it, the body work was smashed, locks broken. So I had to pay £50 to have it scrapped, so now I'm spending they day looking at cars.

I know what will happen next though is that I'll end up getting a car and never getting the MK on the road, but then I need to get a car.

Sometimes life can be a right knob.

carpmart - 8/1/11 at 02:21 PM

Bummer!

r1_pete - 8/1/11 at 02:22 PM

Did you have insurance cover and they're refusing to pay, or just no cover??

Either way wouldn't you like to get hold of the thieving scrotes......

Ninehigh - 8/1/11 at 07:59 PM

If it was that bad you should have told them it's not worth £150, and walked away

coozer - 8/1/11 at 08:01 PM

Should have kept the insurance going... both of my bikes are not insuranced but I keep them indoors!

bigpig - 9/1/11 at 10:02 AM

I told them it wasn't worth £150 (due to the amount of damage) so just paid them destruction fees instead (the police wouldn't waiver that). I didn't renew the insurance as I was planning to store it for 6 months then overhaul it. Of course to add insult to injury work changed that and I was probably going to have to get it on the road again this month.

I can just about afford to keep the kit car in the garage for a bit, but that may well end up having to go now to pay for new transport. hopefully I can keep it and treat it as my summer bike.