Board logo

Security Camera Question
Daddylonglegs - 12/1/11 at 09:35 PM

I need to relocate the antenna of one of my wireless security cameras but am having trouble finding a cable

Everytime I search for one I get the wrong type of ends. They all seem to be 'Reverse Polarity SMA' which have the pin on the male end. The ones I have are with the pin on the female and the hole in the male. Anyone know a good source please?

snapper - 12/1/11 at 09:49 PM

Maplin is the place to go or look up RS components

phelix - 12/1/11 at 09:59 PM

Just to understand - you're after a cable with outside thread (male outer) and a female centre on one end and an inside thread (female outer) and male centre on the other?

Can you make up your own cables or do you want to buy a pre-made cable?

Daddylonglegs - 12/1/11 at 10:39 PM

OK, the camera has a male threaded end with a socket and the antenna has a female (thread inside) with the pin. I need a cable to extend so basically I will need the same on each end of a cable. I can make my own assuming they do not need special crimping tools, if they are connected like 'F-type' connectors which screw onto the cable end then that will be fine. A made up cable would probably be as cheap if not cheaper and easier if they are available.

Picture here shows the receiver and it's antenna, but the camera is exactly the same:

rgrs - 12/1/11 at 10:58 PM

Try :

http://www.onestopcctv.co.uk/product/OS-WC03

Daddylonglegs - 12/1/11 at 11:01 PM

Nice one chap! That's the fella

Scratch that, the postage is nearly as much as the cable!!

[Edited on 12/1/11 by Daddylonglegs]

rgrs - 12/1/11 at 11:21 PM

All right then try :

http://www.bromsgrovecctv.co.uk/acatalog/2.4Ghz_Wireless_systems.html

Might be worth a phone call some nice company's might stick one in the post for you without their minimum shipping charge. However now you know what to google.

Roger

[Edited on 12/1/11 by rgrs]

Daddylonglegs - 12/1/11 at 11:30 PM

Thanks Roger, they are taking the michael with P&P too! I guess that's where they make their money.

Thanks again mate

need4speed - 13/1/11 at 05:57 AM

I'lm on a course this week but if I get time I'll have a look see whats laround. How long are you looking for?