Board logo

Wimbledon or Glastonbury - our only choices.....
Jasper - 24/6/11 at 08:42 AM

God, I'm already bored with Glastonbury, and it's barely started yet ..... I love BBC 6 Music, but I think the endless coverage is just completely over the top.

And if it's not that it's bloody Wimbledon!!

omega0684 - 24/6/11 at 08:50 AM

GET IN THE GARAGE!

Jasper - 24/6/11 at 08:52 AM

Unless I want to drink 30 bottles of wine, there ain't much else to do in there

omega0684 - 24/6/11 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jasper

Do your best and let us know how you get on

James - 24/6/11 at 10:41 AM

What's suddenly wrong with Radio 4.

"For enquiring minds"

Get some knowledge in ya!

Cheers,
James

mcerd1 - 24/6/11 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper

Do your best and let us know how you get on

sounds like a plan

HowardB - 24/6/11 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by James

"For enquiring minds"

Cheers,
James

yes, very educational

and with a shipping forecast too

MikeR - 24/6/11 at 12:06 PM

As i've not been allowed to go to Glasto this year, I'm sat in an office envious of you being able to listen to 6 music!

although normally if i had the chance I'd listen to Radio 4 during the day - esp. as i drive the other half potty quoting things from it

scootz - 24/6/11 at 02:58 PM

What the blinkin flip is Serena Williams wearing? I know her and her Sis are not really known for their 'taste', but come on!

... and what's with the grunting!?

flibble - 24/6/11 at 03:03 PM

Pretend you're 18yrs old again, take the wine to Glasto, drink it, get naked, run around, dance and be happy

Doctor Derek Doctors - 24/6/11 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
quote:
Originally posted by James

"For enquiring minds"

Cheers,
James

yes, very educational

and with a shipping forecast too

Some comedy on tonight as well I believe and the Radio 4 version of question time.

probablyleon - 24/6/11 at 05:41 PM

Think yourselves lucky, I've actually got to go to Glastonbury tomorrow morning for two crappy gigs (the second being at 1.30 in the morning). Trench foot here I come (

I love the story from a couple of years back when security found a guy in between the two (prison style) perimeter fences. They told him there was no way he was getting in, he said "IN??? I'M TRYING TO GET OUT!!!"

Ninehigh - 24/6/11 at 08:54 PM

Fekin tennis... I'm missing Miranda now!

Why doesn't the BBC do a separate channel for this carp now? Call it "BBC Special" and whenver they show tennis, football or anything that has a variable schedule they don't have to get the back up of everyone who doesn't follow whatever it is. In the meantime they could always show the regular schedule.. Or at the very least not have the same annoyance on the normal and HD channel too!

simonwinn - 24/6/11 at 09:22 PM

And dont get me started on the BBC NOT showing the MotoGP live tomorrow! Alright we get F1 qualifying but not the actual MotoGP race.

blakep82 - 24/6/11 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Fekin tennis... I'm missing Miranda now!

Why doesn't the BBC do a separate channel for this carp now? Call it "BBC Special" and whenver they show tennis, football or anything that has a variable schedule they don't have to get the back up of everyone who doesn't follow whatever it is. In the meantime they could always show the regular schedule.. Or at the very least not have the same annoyance on the normal and HD channel too!

thing is up here in scotland, bbc1 and bbc1 HD sometimes end up showing different stuff. bbc1 shows the bbc1 scotland schedule, bbc1 hd shows bbc 1 england. ok theres not usually much difference, and the bbc 1 england is usually better anyway. when guy martin was on, on whatever day it was in england, we got 'scotlands clans' or some such shite.

Surrey Dave - 25/6/11 at 12:54 AM

Assen, Netherlands

Friday 24 June
MotoGP qualifying: 1150-1500, BBC Red Button/online

Saturday 25 June
125cc race: 1100-1130, BBC Red Button/online
Moto2 race: 1215-1300, BBC Red Button/online
MotoGP live: 1330-1500, BBC Red Button/online

Sunday 26 June
MotoGP full re-run: 1530-1700, BBC Two/online

simonwinn - 25/6/11 at 06:20 AM

no good for the sky+ box though

Jasper - 25/6/11 at 09:19 AM

Cheers for that Moto GP stuff Dave - I'll have a watch today whilst I'm in the shop.

And don't get me wrong - I've nothing against Festivals, I've been to a muddy Glasto with Radiohead headlining and I'm booked to go to Nozstock Festival end of July, but I just don't want to endlessly watch other people at them!

Surrey Dave - 25/6/11 at 09:38 AM

F1 practise 3 on NOW! , Red Button or Online.

F1 Qualifying on BBC1 ? , Online at 12.10 TODAY!

Ninehigh - 25/6/11 at 08:04 PM

Yeah F1 can bog off too, missed Mock the Week because of that

Surrey Dave - 26/6/11 at 10:20 AM

Jasp ! , I thought you where a Pendulum devotee, if so tonight Glastonbury.................

I must be getting old not seen much that excites me yet this year on Glasto.........................

Something must be wrong with the line up if i'm enjoying Tinie Tempah FFS!!!

scootz - 26/6/11 at 11:20 AM

Watched Elbow last night... a bit disappointing

02GF74 - 26/6/11 at 04:31 PM

Wibbledon used to be quite entertaining.

sickbag - 27/6/11 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by simonwinn
And dont get me started on the BBC NOT showing the MotoGP live tomorrow! Alright we get F1 qualifying but not the actual MotoGP race.

You could always subscribe on www.motogp.com - every free practice, qualifying and race for the entire event. You can watch live, or recorded races (going back to 1992) and now they've changed their player you can get it at near HD quality.

It does cost, but is certainly worth it. I don't have a TV licence, as I don't watch TV, and haven't for the years now. Anything I do watch is streamed online.

Jasper - 27/6/11 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Jasp ! , I thought you where a Pendulum devotee, if so tonight Glastonbury.................

I must be getting old not seen much that excites me yet this year on Glasto.........................

Something must be wrong with the line up if i'm enjoying Tinie Tempah FFS!!!

Used to be a Pendulum fan, till they started playing rock music instead of DnB, can't bear them now, especially the little weazley lead singer with the goatie..... total sell-outs.

As for the rest of the line-up - U2 - Coldplay - Beonsay (no idea how you spell it) - need I say more? Last time I was there it was Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and Prodigy!!

And even the F1 and MotoGP were boring this weekend, thank god the weather was good, spent Sunday sat at a beach bar listening to Pystrance

mcerd1 - 27/6/11 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JasperAs for the rest of the line-up - U2 - Coldplay - Beonsay (no idea how you spell it) - need I say more? Last time I was there it was Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and Prodigy!!
one out of the three this year then
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Watched Elbow last night... a bit disappointing

I don't pay much attention to the TV coverage of any of the festivals, its never anywhere near the same as being there

(not actuall been to glastonbury myself, but thats from 8 years of T in the Park - come home see the 'highlights' and they've missed all the good bits , and my mates tell me glastonbury was even worse when they went - the BBC are usless )

[Edited on 27/6/2011 by mcerd1]

Jasper - 29/6/11 at 11:57 AM

I just had a watch of the Pendulum set from Glastonbury - I can't believe how crap they have become in the last couple of years compared to how amazing they used to be, total sell-outs. If you want to watch a good Pendulum set have a look at their Live at Brixton Academy DVD (watch it free on the web), they're like a different band.