Board logo

Strange isn’t it
johnwilders - 25/12/12 at 02:14 PM

Strange isn’t it, Men love to receive tools for Christmas but I remember when I got the wife An iron one year I didn’t get my leg again till about spring.

MakeEverything - 25/12/12 at 02:16 PM

should have bought her the more modern "iRON" then....

rusty nuts - 25/12/12 at 06:07 PM

For once I have earned some brownie points, got her a Kindle Fire HD and a Pentax x5 camera. Got her new rear bumper for her C3 a few years ago for her birthday, that went down like a pork chop at a synagogue

JoelP - 25/12/12 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
For once I have earned some brownie points, got her a Kindle Fire HD and a Pentax x5 camera. Got her new rear bumper for her C3 a few years ago for her birthday, that went down like a pork chop at a synagogue

Class!

I was thinking you should get them something that you were going to get them anyway, ie shopping vouchers or something. She always pinches money for shopping trips so a voucher would have been a perfect solution for me!

Slimy38 - 25/12/12 at 08:50 PM

I made the mistake of getting her the 'fifty shades...' trilogy... didn't go down to well.

I'd have been over the moon to receive a load of p0rn!!!

JoelP - 25/12/12 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I made the mistake of getting her the 'fifty shades...' trilogy... didn't go down to well.

I'd have been over the moon to receive a load of p0rn!!!

My missus absolutely loved those books! She now wishes i was a billionaire multi-talented pervert. Happy days.

Two out of three aint bad

FazerBob - 26/12/12 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johnwilders
Strange isn’t it, Men love to receive tools for Christmas but I remember when I got the wife An iron one year I didn’t get my leg again till about spring.

one of my sons has sent me a set of good quality screwdrivers - wife can't understand why it's one of my favourite pressies!

daviep - 26/12/12 at 12:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FazerBob
quote:
Originally posted by johnwilders

one of my sons has sent me a set of good quality screwdrivers - wife can't understand why it's one of my favourite pressies!

I'm sure once she has experienced the pleasure of screwing with a quality tool she will understand your joy

I'll get my coat

Cheers
Davie