Board logo

Couriers
LBMEFM - 1/6/14 at 01:05 PM

I have bought some parts off e-bay. The seller tells me that I can have them collected by courier, I have had a look at the prices and they seem good, certainly better that I could collect them for. But how does it work, does the courier company drop off a pallet for the seller to load and then collect it at a later date? Also can anyone recommend a good courier company. Cheers Barry

Ben_Copeland - 1/6/14 at 01:25 PM

No the seller must prep it for collection.

So if it needs to be palletised they must do that and have a way of loading too sometimes.

All the courier will do is collect and drop off.

Eltel - 1/6/14 at 01:26 PM

I use a site called collectmyparcel.com , who work with all the courier company's ,just put in the details of what needs collecting and where from and it will give you a list of company's and prices and you then decide which one to go with and book it.if it's a pallet you need collecting then the seller will have to supply the pallet and the courier will send a truck capable of collecting a pallet,I've used them a few times now and the service and prices have been excellent.

robinj66 - 1/6/14 at 01:53 PM

I've been using My Hermes for a little while - so far so good.

With all couriers you have to anticipate your items being handled by poorly paid neanderthals so wrap/protect them well

chesney321 - 1/6/14 at 02:13 PM

I work for a courier company and I know how the parcels are handled,very roughly.parcels are thrown ,chucked on floor,squashed,thoroughly mistreated.you are lucky to get it in one piece...

ReMan - 1/6/14 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robinj66
I've been using My Hermes for a little while - so far so good.

With all couriers you have to anticipate your items being handled by poorly paid neanderthals so wrap/protect them well

Ditto, so far so good. .Easy to book and I like the option to leave at a local shop garage etc

Matt21 - 1/6/14 at 03:47 PM

parcelmonkey and interparcel are who i use

but yer, they wont package it for you, if the seller has offered for a courier to pick them up then i assume he knows he needs to package them

LBMEFM - 1/6/14 at 06:09 PM

Thanks everyone, maybe I will just go and collect them.