Board logo

pop up gazebo
number-1 - 24/8/24 at 04:52 PM

Can anyone recommend a pop up gazebo? I would rather use a tried and tested one over a cheaper option and something fast to put up

Thanks

N1

cliftyhanger - 25/8/24 at 08:35 AM

My classic car club has a few pop up gazebos, now 5-6 years old. They do a few events a year, and seem to be lasting well. Supplier has now gone....
BUT the are really big and heavy when packed.

I am trying to get them to buy some Coleman shelters instead, they seem durable and pack up much smaller. Useful if you have to transport them in a spitfire (car!)

nick205 - 25/8/24 at 10:10 AM

For my scout group we use Coleman shelters. Fast, durable, light.

stevebubs - 27/8/24 at 03:35 PM

Had a Rhino Hex 45 up for 3 years non-stop. Was ratched-strapped to the house to prevent it blowing away. Fabric died after 3 years of being permanently up but Frame still perfectly usable; keep meaning to order a new canopy...

https://rockawnings.co.uk/gazebos/rhino-hex-45

Before ratchet-strapping it down it did fly away once. Flew about 20 feet into the air and landed the other side of the fence. Was anchored by a power cord (!!!). Needed one cross-bar and one plastic bracket to repair. (Cracked bracket and crossbar bent but still structurally intact) On issue was I it couldn't "pop-down". IME Most pop-ups would have disintegrated upon landing. Took me a year to get around to ordering new parts and it stayed up and in use (strapped to the house now) the whole time.

[Edited on 27/8/24 by stevebubs]

[Edited on 27/8/24 by stevebubs]

loggyboy - 28/8/24 at 08:51 AM

Can recommend gazeboshop.co.uk poducts.
I havent dealt with them directly, but i have 2 of theirs I picked up used, and they are very good.
Mine are both the 40mm classic in aluminium.

Gazebo
Gazebo

[Edited on 28-8-24 by loggyboy]

MikeR - 28/8/24 at 02:06 PM

We bought a pop up one for the garden, 3 by 6m ish. Left it up all summer for two years tied to the house and fence. This year the fabric has ripped (UV degradation i assume). Frame is fine. We deliberately bought a cheaper one to see if it was worthwhile. Now I can't remember who we got it from to see about buying replacement fabric cover

loggyboy - 28/8/24 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
We bought a pop up one for the garden, 3 by 6m ish. Left it up all summer for two years tied to the house and fence. This year the fabric has ripped (UV degradation i assume). Frame is fine. We deliberately bought a cheaper one to see if it was worthwhile. Now I can't remember who we got it from to see about buying replacement fabric cover

Yeah this happens even to the good ones, I left mine out for 3 years, by year 2 it was faded and by year 3 it was brittle. Accepted that and bought a new canopy.