Board logo

MNR's - New Racer
Hellfire - 2/3/05 at 10:56 PM

Comments?

JoelP - 2/3/05 at 10:59 PM

certainly breaks out of the mold! inspired styling IMHO, not similar to anything ive seen to date.

well done marc. what series is it for?

shortie - 2/3/05 at 11:01 PM

Hmmm, not sure, maybe better in the flesh

MikeR - 2/3/05 at 11:10 PM

i like it (from that angle)........

suppose its not going to be street legal....

what engines / box / uprights / suspension layout / price ........ tell me more

ReMan - 2/3/05 at 11:15 PM

Not my mug of cocoa!
A bit too sculptured for me

[Edited on 2/3/05 by ReMan]

clbarclay - 2/3/05 at 11:31 PM

Looks like the sort of canam (type of ammerican sports car, but dislexia is kicking in) car that needs a v8 sound track to go with it.

Can't amagen it with a high reving bike engine noise.

robinbastd - 2/3/05 at 11:40 PM

Good for you Marc!
Something different.
It might not be everyone's cup of tea but you're not selling it to fleet managers like Mondeos.
This is exactly what the British kit car industry should be doing - making cars that will appeal to "relatively" few people - because it is different (not because it isn't any good)

Ian

thetankwad - 2/3/05 at 11:44 PM

the term "raw sex on wheels" springs to mind

bob - 3/3/05 at 12:15 AM

why doesnt someone do an ultima type thing with a lid on ?

Northy - 3/3/05 at 07:58 AM

That would be awesome if street legal!

marc n - 3/3/05 at 09:02 AM

hi all

we are currently finishing the chassis suspension for the new car pictured which will be at the first show, this car will be road legal and can accept most engine alternatives

we also have the ultima type car nearing completion the picture of the first car unpainted is on our home page

best regards

marc

DaveFJ - 3/3/05 at 09:13 AM

Nice - a little too 'jelly mould' for my taste, but then it shouldn't have to appeal to all. good to see someone doing something different.

And why shouldn't it be street legal ? I can't see anything initialy that would make it difficult to pass SVA....

Peteff - 3/3/05 at 09:44 AM

Back to the Batcave Robin. Rescued attachment bat1.gif
Rescued attachment bat1.gif

ned - 3/3/05 at 10:11 AM

Marc,

Forgive me, but the ultima style car looks very very similar to a fully built car that was at exeter end of last year, is it an original body?

Ned.

DarrenW - 3/3/05 at 11:11 AM

Stunning. Very nice motor. Has a 'new age batman gets custom Enzo' flavour. I like it a lot - well done Marc. Where the hell do you find the time???? Do you ever sleep???? Must be something in the water near your house.

Ive thought about this again and now changed my mind - the 'ultima' type car is much better - definitely my cuppa char. Cant wait to see the GT40 replica.

[Edited on 3/3/05 by DarrenW]

liam.mccaffrey - 3/3/05 at 11:19 AM

i thought batmobile too! Super looker! MarcN is churning out some great stuff and it is so nice to have him and other manufacturers involved in this forums discussions.

ned - 3/3/05 at 12:26 PM

found it, it's a minotaur that I think it looks very very similar to:

http://www.minotaursportscars.co.uk

car on marc's website:

mnr minotaur?
mnr minotaur?

and car on minotaur website below, an example of which was at exeter 04 with 206 lights, chevy power and porsche transaxle iirc

[Edited on 3/3/05 by ned] Rescued attachment minotaur.gif
Rescued attachment minotaur.gif

Hellfire - 3/3/05 at 05:37 PM

Ned - have you have your eyesight checked lately?

chunkielad - 3/3/05 at 06:01 PM

I'm afraid it looks like the same car to me.

Peteff - 3/3/05 at 06:02 PM

I suppose it's got 4 wheels and some lights on it just the same. I like to see different takes on the full body cars. Keep 'em coming.
edit:- Go on then Ned, it does look similar, the white one looks more bulbous at the front and the red one has a wing but apart from that they are alike.

[Edited on 3/3/05 by Peteff]

gazza285 - 3/3/05 at 06:54 PM

Is the red car being driven by Marvin?

Lightning - 3/3/05 at 07:34 PM

Well I think it looks the muts nuts......maybe my next project.

[Edited on 3/3/05 by Lightning]

Mark Allanson - 3/3/05 at 08:09 PM

I have often wondered what it was, this one didn't run, the french bloke pushed it everywhere! Rescued attachment Exeter GTCar.jpg
Rescued attachment Exeter GTCar.jpg

ned - 3/3/05 at 09:23 PM

knew i'd spotted it in a kit mag aswell, page 8 of feb which kit, small article on it. body pack is 3500+vat, chassis 2500+vat they recon a private example could be built for 20k..

not meaning to upset anyone, perhaps marc is helping them develop/market it over here?

Ned.

Northy - 3/3/05 at 09:27 PM

I want that one! Rescued attachment littlebritain.jpg
Rescued attachment littlebritain.jpg

ned - 3/3/05 at 09:46 PM

-yeah I know

andyps - 3/3/05 at 10:22 PM

Looking forward to seeing the cars for real - hopefully at Harewood Hillclimb!

marc n - 3/3/05 at 11:40 PM

hi all
we are producing the car as an mnr gt very similar to the black one shown ( the bodywork / moulds have been made by minituar ) it has the same rear end but different centre and front sections and also different doors,
we also start in four weeks time redesigning / producing and marketing minituars other models for them

best regards

marc

Hellfire - 4/3/05 at 12:16 AM

I concede - well spotted!!!

Jon Ison - 8/3/05 at 07:18 AM

Looks very nice, infact very very nice, would i be correct in thinking the chassis was previously the MK GTR, and if so would it be possible to purchase the bodywork alone or as the wheel base changed ?

marc n - 8/3/05 at 07:42 AM

hi john
no there has not been a chassis for this car,
we are currently finishing it now 1 1/4 / 7/8 / 3/4 round tube ( cds / t45 )
from the info ive found on the web the cockpit is at least 100 mm wider ( chassis width is 1650mm wide ) length is 3850mm long i suppose it may be possible to make supports from your chassis to accept the bodywork but wheel base etc would take some heavy mods

best regards

marc

[Edited on 8/3/05 by marc n]