Board logo

german classics
johnston - 21/11/02 at 09:35 PM

was away askin bout wat i thought was an anglia lying in a garden

turns out it is a german car aluminium body and a 2 stroke engine any1 any ideas wot it might be

the guy that owns it hasnt been about and his da doesnt know

bsilly - 21/11/02 at 09:47 PM

probably ....a wartburg..

chrisg - 21/11/02 at 09:56 PM

Pobably not a Wartburg - they were steel, or a Trabant - they were made of a sort of cardboard style grp.

What makes you think it's German?

A piccy would be good.

Cheers

Chris

johnston - 21/11/02 at 10:04 PM

the da said it was it was bought to tow a mill stone from germany and then it was parked going for a closer look tomorrow got permission to jump the gate

but was lookin at some pics only seen the bac and yes it does look like a wartburg

so if it is any1 any idea on value

barrie sharp - 21/11/02 at 10:49 PM

If its got a full tank of petrol it could be worth as much as £5 or two pints of shandy

Peteff - 22/11/02 at 02:01 PM

I knew a bloke who had one of these and it had ally panels. It also had the old Saab 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine from the early Saab 96 model as driven by a young Blomquist. It used to eat crankshafts as they were made in sections and riveted together somehow. I doubt if any parts are still available for them in U.K.

yours, Pete.

johnston - 22/11/02 at 04:59 PM

well i got thrown a bum steer (oooo errr missus)

it aint ali it is in fact made from some wierd fibreglassy cardboard stuff

its a trabant 601s in gd nick needs the moss cleanes of and a wee bit of tidyin but is generaly beter than the golf im driving at the mo

any1 know anythin about them

theconrodkid - 22/11/02 at 05:45 PM

there is a club for them called ussr i think,might be worth something or a larf at least

johnston - 22/11/02 at 05:52 PM

found pics of people rallyin the bloody things

mayb a easy way to fund my locost