Board logo

Hope you wearin yo' Jesus armor!
James - 23/1/06 at 10:08 AM

This is from American TV's Trading Places which is like Ch4's Wife Swap.

Margaret has just returned from a week of "dark-sided" hell with the other family. They are moon-worshipping hippy types. She, on the other hand, is rather keen on God!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5464505634137914176&q=trading+sp

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 23/1/06 by James]

UncleFista - 23/1/06 at 10:27 AM

People who rely on God for so much of their "personality" are scary as chuff....

DarrenW - 23/1/06 at 10:28 AM

How mad is she?????????? Is that another 'Only in America' clip??

Howlor - 23/1/06 at 10:54 AM

the scariest piece of the clip is when her dress looks as though it is undoing at one side so you can see her bra! Made me hide under the table!

Humbug - 23/1/06 at 11:05 AM

2 words: they rhyme with "Nucking Futter"

Peteff - 23/1/06 at 11:19 AM

How can anybody be that fat and still believe there's a god .

DarrenW - 23/1/06 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
How can anybody be that fat and still believe there's a god .

Pete i love your replies - better than the original clip. Brilliant. LMFAO

I love speed :-P - 23/1/06 at 11:37 AM

can somebody plz tell me what it is about, as the school network has banned it

Thanks

Phil

MrTom - 23/1/06 at 11:49 AM

Just remember, we're not all like that...

UncleFista - 23/1/06 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Tom Just remember, we're not all like that...

No, but you must admit, there does seem to be more of 'em in the US than anywhere else on the planet

[Edited on 23/1/06 by UncleFista]

MikeR - 23/1/06 at 12:12 PM

what fat people?

(sorry to the americans on here, its the only response i could think of that was in any way amusing)

bimbleuk - 23/1/06 at 12:14 PM

Total fruit loop .... needs some serious therapy that one!

Actually I wouldn't be happy living near someone that extreme as you just don't know what God will tell her to do in his name!

skydivepaul - 23/1/06 at 12:18 PM

By "dark side" do it take it she is not a star wars fan

she is as mad as the mad hatters hat at a mad party in madsville

bimbleuk - 23/1/06 at 12:25 PM

Well put Skydive paul.

I was actually feeling really sorry for her kids while watching that.

skydivepaul - 23/1/06 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
Well put Skydive paul.

I was actually feeling really sorry for her kids while watching that.

Yes the kids look a little scared

Bimble is your avatar a picture of a home made jet / turbo powered shopping trolley? Its looks great fun

Peteff - 23/1/06 at 12:35 PM

God created pies and fry ups and there was great rejoicing but some of the people did partake too heartily and the Lord did say, I'll have to remember that when I'm making up my list of sins.

MikeR - 23/1/06 at 12:46 PM

just watched the video.

a) she's mad
b) poor kids
c) what do you think it says about her that she accepted the dark side's money when she saw what was in it for her
d) i hope her kids manage to come out of this normal and balanced.

bob - 23/1/06 at 12:48 PM

I always thought people who worship god were from the dark side,at least the hippies have it right the moon is there and it does exist

GeoffT - 23/1/06 at 01:03 PM

Always makes me wonder when "Godfearing" people mock some so called "backward" tribes for worshipping the sun. If comes to a choice between keeping god or the sun I know which way I'm voting........!

andkilde - 23/1/06 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MrTom
Just remember, we're not all like that...

No, only the Republicans are like that

Cheers, Ted

steve_gus - 23/1/06 at 01:34 PM

The holy trintity - the sun, the star and the mirror

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by GeoffT
Always makes me wonder when "Godfearing" people mock some so called "backward" tribes for worshipping the sun. If comes to a choice between keeping god or the sun I know which way I'm voting........!

mangogrooveworkshop - 23/1/06 at 01:37 PM

quote:

Now South Africans they are a hoot to work with.

pretty much sums us up!

chrisf - 23/1/06 at 02:06 PM

You guys worry too much about the kids. Remember, the husband has to climb the hill to mount that beast from time to time. I often wonder at what point does a guy throw the towel in and say, "f_ck it; this is the best life has to offer me. Now roll over honey and let's have a go."

Obesity is a problem in the wid-west USA. There are horifying statistics that support that statement.

--Chris

chrisf - 23/1/06 at 02:25 PM

One should hope! But in reality, there is an excuse for everything. Like you, I truly wonder what makes people let themselves go. I wake up at 4:30 AM to go to the gym for an hour and a half each morning during the week, so obviously, my tolerance for obesity is quite low.

--Chris

Messenjah - 23/1/06 at 03:20 PM

ok heres one for ya

i eat pretty much spot on the suggested calorie intake in a day for the average man well slightly more but im taller then the average man

i train or play rugby atleast 3 if not 5 times a week for atleast 2 hours a time so thats 6-10 hours of exercise coupled with cycling average of 10 miles a day

if you look at a height weight chart im obese !

those charts dont take into account muscle mass and they were created jsut after ww2 when everyone was underweight due to rationing

emsfactory - 23/1/06 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenjah
ok heres one for ya

i eat pretty much spot on the suggested calorie intake in a day for the average man well slightly more but im taller then the average man

I can bench press more than my own weight, leg press about three times my own weight and im technically obese. The charts dont work for well built folk.

Crazy bitch by the way.

i train or play rugby atleast 3 if not 5 times a week for atleast 2 hours a time so thats 6-10 hours of exercise coupled with cycling average of 10 miles a day

if you look at a height weight chart im obese !

those charts dont take into account muscle mass and they were created jsut after ww2 when everyone was underweight due to rationing

MikeR - 23/1/06 at 05:53 PM

ok, here's another one for you.

i'm perfect height weight mass (ish) according to the charts (ok, i'm in the ideal range but a smidgen towards to the cuddly section.)

i've got one of those sets of scales that figure out how much fat you have based on electrical resistance .........

i'm borderline fat / obese.........

if you know me you'll laugh and disagree if you know whats good for you!

Russ-Turner - 23/1/06 at 06:14 PM

'kin yanks Well, he does move in mysterious ways!

UncleFista - 23/1/06 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisf
You guys worry too much about the kids. Remember, the husband has to climb the hill to mount that beast from time to time. I often wonder at what point does a guy throw the towel in and say, "f_ck it; this is the best life has to offer me. Now roll over honey and let's have a go."

Obesity is a problem in the wid-west USA. There are horifying statistics that support that statement.

--Chris

She's not gonna be fat much longer, she's given up on Gawd helping her lose weight and she's spending $20k of the "Dork-Saaaahhhds" money on a stomach stapling gig

Make oi larf...

mangogrooveworkshop - 23/1/06 at 07:25 PM

quote:

She's not gonna be fat much longer, she's given up on Gawd helping her lose weight and she's spending $20k of the "Dork-Saaaahhhds" money on a stomach stapling gig

Make oi larf...

Cant they do the mouth at the same time whilst they are at it

dmottaway - 23/1/06 at 07:26 PM

I'm not overweight! I am just not tall enough.

Peteff - 23/1/06 at 07:33 PM

quote:

I wake up at 4:30 AM to go to the gym

You mean there's a 4.30 in the a.m. as well, bl**dyhell...

P.S. what's a gym?

MrTom - 23/1/06 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
what fat people?

(sorry to the americans on here, its the only response i could think of that was in any way amusing)

Well there are crazy people everywhere, they just seem to get the best media coverage over here.

And damn, I usually think of myself as fat, then I see something like that. I'm an olympic gymnast in comparison.

I think I'm going to go for a run.

quattromike - 24/1/06 at 12:43 AM

I'm not overweight, I'm the correct weight for my body shape

Mike

steve m - 24/1/06 at 09:48 AM

I feel sorry for her family

she scared the frigging life out of me !!!

bob - 24/1/06 at 10:12 AM

I think the family knew what she was like,the camera crew on the other hand looked slightly scared.

The end titles made me laugh though......funny how 50K can overtake any belief you have

RoadkillUK - 25/1/06 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:

I wake up at 4:30 AM to go to the gym

You mean there's a 4.30 in the a.m. as well, bl**dyhell...

P.S. what's a gym?

4:30 am is bedtime and Gym is the Captain of the Enterprise.